Property Customer->siret is not valid

Can anyone please help with the error message "Property Customer->siret is not valid"  I am receiving when trying to change the password for customer in the back office.

I was trying to change the password as when the customer tried the "forgotten password" feature, the URL he was sent was invalid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Geoff

• 2 months later...

I'm having this same problem, and he debug is telling me

at line 846 in file classes/ObjectModel.php

845. throw new PrestaShopException($message);

No one seems to have a clue what this problem is or how to fix it. Do we just get rid of that line? Is it in the wrong place?

I have found the solution!

Hopefully this will assist someone.

It's attempting to call customer information from your database, and if you imported data you will likely have NULL columns. In my case, both siret and ape columns all had NULL data, because it was imported when not used. Delete these useless columns of imported data and the password recovery error magically vanishes.

So glad I managed to work this one out. :)

EDIT: Wrong solution!

Although this resolved the password recovery error, I then had another error when customers attempted to check out, no new data was being allowed, so no one could create an account, siret and ape columns were being used in the new error and preventing data creation. I had to recreate the siret and ape columns (through a process of duplicating a PS install on another server and manually copying the column details).

Somehow, this resolved both errors. I wonder if the original problem was due to password length. Numerous passwords imported would have been less than the characters permitted by the PS install (on the previous system I had it was a minimum 4 character password or something, and PS requires longer passwords). I created a longer password and replaced all user passwords, then sent an email informing customers to reset them.

After these changes all SQL errors disappeared.

Edited by Robbie301 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...