CSV import issues (405 error?) and discussion about possible solutions.

Hi, I've been getting rather frustrated lately trying to import my products via CSV. The problem is that after roughly 100-140 products (it varies every time I try to upload) it crashes and I get a white screen with '405 error' on it. Incredibly frustrating.

I have tried removing any rows with empty cells from the CSV (a few products don't have a description yet) thinking they might be tripping it up - no improvement.

I then tried removing all un-necessary columns to reduce the file size...no improvement.

I then tried cutting into 100 products per CSV, and this seems to be working but I still get the same error message (but looking at the products list, the 100 products all uploaded properly)

Now I could upload all 9600 ish products this way, but the CSV file is updated daily with new products, prices, offers, stock levels etc so I'm looking for a better solution. The CSV is hosted on a URL so I was thinking I could possibly set something up to automatically import the CSV and update products every 24h or so? Would this be possible using SQL?

Thanks in advance for any help.