Pricing isn't changing on some of my product combinations

Our store sells knife kits, and you have the option of buying the blade only or adding a sheath/handles. I didn't use a product combination generator because I have to change the quantities manually when someone purchases the product in store or through our old website (we've set up PrestaShop recently and are keeping the old website around for a few months until problems like this are all sorted out, and the product combination generator is very time consuming to take stock out manually).

The problem is, if a customer tries to purchase a handle that is out of stock, PrestaShop won't let the customer purchase it, but if they add a sheath to it, the "out of stock" message doesn't show up. Also, if they select a sheath that is in stock (it's only with the sheaths for some reason), the price of the sheath isn't added to the total price. I don't understand why this is, since I set the product combinations up to add additional cost for sheaths and handles. 

Anyone else had this problem that can help me?

Thanks!

• 4 years later...
On 8/7/2014 at 2:59 AM, omahaknife said:

Our store sells knife kits, and you have the option of buying the blade only or adding a sheath/handles. I didn't use a product combination generator because I have to change the quantities manually when someone purchases the product in store or through our old website (we've set up PrestaShop recently and are keeping the old website around for a few months until problems like this are all sorted out, and the product combination generator is very time consuming to take stock out manually).

The problem is, if a customer tries to purchase a handle that is out of stock, PrestaShop won't let the customer purchase it, but if they add a sheath to it, the "out of stock" message doesn't show up. Also, if they select a sheath that is in stock (it's only with the sheaths for some reason), the price of the sheath isn't added to the total price. I don't understand why this is, since I set the product combinations up to add additional cost for sheaths and handles. 

Anyone else had this problem that can help me?

Thanks!

yes you are right