Product Data Importing Error

Hi all,

I have about 4000+ products' data to import, each product has multiple pictures. However, each time, the prestashop broke the uploading, it seems like a time-out error.

My questions is:

Is there any csv file size limitation for the default Prestashop product importing? My csv file size is around 500k~6M, but all failed to import properly.

Please kindly advise how to resolve this problem, thank you.

Best regards,
lioncity

--Product Data Importing Error

Hello
I managed to import 12000 products in one csv file.
There where no picture urls in the csv file.
Pictures take the server much more time to convert.
Pictureworkaround: install your shop on your local computer,
import all products with pictures,
upload the img folder of your prestashop installation.

Or try to import "small" portions of your csv file.

The server/prestashop took about 10-15 Minutes to import 12000 produkts csv file.
Most Internetspaceprovider limit the executiontime of php scripts to 90seconds
and sometimes even the ram the script may use.

I got hold of a managed vserver.
No limitations in script running times or ram that the scripts may use.
the shop is here:
http://www.koenigsbanner.de

Friedbert

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your info.

Because my data has many many small pictures for products. As you advised, I guess the server will spend much time to convert the picture onto server.

Now what I am doing is to split the Excel file into many small files, each file only has 100 products. Even so, sometimes the importing still reports error.

Best regards,
lioncity

I have spent a lot of time writing a tool that can import XML (and CSV) files. My challenge has been that the XML file contains more than 17000 items. I have observed and solved 3 problems:

# Just resizing the images takes way too long time. The server I use (and it’s not slow) can fetch (via http) and resize 1 image per second.
# It takes way too long time to import the products even if the images are dropped.
# The XML file only associates 5 categories to the products. That won’t do. I prefer max. 20 products in one category. I want sub-categories (and sub-sub) to be created automatically.

I am still refining it so I have not made it publicly available yet. Send me a PM if you are interested.

/Kjeld

• 5 years later...

I have a problem. when I try to import 360 produts the produts no go inside shop.

file csv

give the next error:::

36 erros 
(ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Property Product->condition has bad value (allowed values are: new, used, refurbished)Property Product->link_rewrite is not valid
Table de chevet S85 BLANC simili cuir (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Table de chevet design en similicuir NOIR / S69 (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Table de chevet design en similicuir ROUGE S85 (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Table de chevet design en simili cuir MARRON S85 (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Lot de 2 tables de chevet DIAMOND blanc en similic (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Lit design en similicuir BLANC - RAUL 140x200 cm (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Lit design en similicuir BLANC - RAUL 160x200 cm (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Lit design en similicuir BLANC - RAUL 180x200 cm (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Table de chevet design en similicuir BLANC / S69 (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada
Lit design en similicuir NOIR - RAUL 140x200cm (ID: No ID) não pode ser gravada

why?