[Solved] Taxes problem, yet again

I had the taxes working at one time but now they are not working again.

Goal: to collect taxes on purchases bought from customers in Washington State, I would like the tax to be included in the price and in the cart if the user is logged in.

Here are the particulars:

3 Zones: USA, US-East, US-West
State: WA - Zone = US-West(or USA I tried both) and Country = USA
WA Sales Tax - Only WA is selected
Product Display - Tax included
In the products, no tax

I went to the wiki and have been looking through the forum but nothing is helping. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

-Karin

You know, so many people have trouble with the taxes. I realize that the issue keeps popping up and that people are getting bored with it. But maybe that's because something is missing. A step, an understanding, something is missing that so many people have trouble with this.

Please give a girl a hand and save her from the terrible taxes.

-Karin

Here's what happened.

I had everything set up correctly, and it just didn't work. So I started going through the code and database doing a review to see if I missed anything.

The problem is that Prestashop uses cookies. There were cookies on my computer (I was using Firefox) that was interfering with the functionality. Once I deleted the cookies, my taxes worked fine.

-Karin

• 3 months later...

Dear Karen, are you SURE that was the only fix for your problem? If so I'd be thrilled. You didnt try anything else that may have affected it while you were sorting through your code, did you?

Hopefully you can spare the time to please check out my & K's thread here, and let us know if it sounds like your same issue?

I'm posting a reply to this WITH a link to a thread that I'm involved in for the SAME issue which looks like its been ignored as you yourself said Karen ;p... Hopefully if anyone looks through these... they'll see this link and jump into the more "up-to-date" thread where this problem still exists in v1.2.5.0 and not v1.3.1 beta...

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/48044/

If you have since found a fix, PLEASE post the fix here or in my other thread that K started...

Also try clearing out your cookies per this thread ;p - Thanks!