Converting custom ecommerce site to PrestaShop

revmark

First, about me. I build Wordpress site, about 3 or 4 a year. I have done 1 VirtueMart for Joomla site.

A dear friend of mine hired a company to build an ecommerce site (I didnt have the time to help him at the time). These guys built him a custom site. But unfortunately, the site never went live because they dissolved their partnership and left my friend with nothing and out of a bunch of cash.

So, he has asked me to help him. I was able to get the site up and running on my demo server. But it is so archaic and just a bad deal, I decided to look at another solution. I am split between Prestashop and Magento. MagentoCE is quite heavy in the system resources it requires and I want something easier for my friend to use. 

He has about 5000 items, 250 categories and sub-categories, and about 200 manufacturers.

What I need is someone that can move this old data to the Prestashop db. I would start all over it is was just a few hundred items, but it is 5000 items. not really practical.

I dont have a budget yet. So, I just need some idea of what it will cost to move this data, IF it is even possible.

Thanks

Mark

PS: I can send you the db if necessary.

First, about me. I build Wordpress site, about 3 or 4 a year. I have done 1 VirtueMart for Joomla site.

A dear friend of mine hired a company to build an ecommerce site (I didnt have the time to help him at the time). These guys built him a custom site. But unfortunately, the site never went live because they dissolved their partnership and left my friend with nothing and out of a bunch of cash.

So, he has asked me to help him. I was able to get the site up and running on my demo server. But it is so archaic and just a bad deal, I decided to look at another solution. I am split between Prestashop and Magento. MagentoCE is quite heavy in the system resources it requires and I want something easier for my friend to use. 

He has about 5000 items, 250 categories and sub-categories, and about 200 manufacturers.

What I need is someone that can move this old data to the Prestashop db. I would start all over it is was just a few hundred items, but it is 5000 items. not really practical.

I dont have a budget yet. So, I just need some idea of what it will cost to move this data, IF it is even possible.

Thanks

Mark

Ready to help you! Please send us more details with the DB [email protected]

Thanks

Mark

Please see the PM

Thanks