Help to create custom stock label/status

wmh90

Hi, I'm trying to create new stock labels.

Presta already have the "In ctock" and "not available", but I run a record store and will need more options, like:

pre-order,

backorder, etc.

The best to me is if I can add a image for each option, but if is too hard (I'm not an expert) a simple text will be good, as I can add some css features to it.

I need this because almost all my stock is from pre-order and only have a few products in stock, and don't want the pre-order to be 'not available' because I need it to be with 1 item ins stock.

I'm not sure if I make myself clear, my english is a bit limited.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Wendsay,

I'm not sure I correctly understood your needs, but for each product you can decide wich will be the shown label for "in stock" and "out of stock" status, at least if you allow purchasing of out of stock items. It's a standard feature that you find in the "quantity" tab of the product page in BO.

So, for certain items out of stock (the status that, in my case, mostly requires a custom label) you can show "Shipped in 7 days" or "Special order" or whatever you prefer.

Yes vanserv7, It's almost what I need.

I'll try some things starting from your explanation and see if it works good for me.

Just put the quantity 0 and change the lable to 'special order' or something like that and only the in stock products will be shown in stock for real.

Thanks!

My only option was to do the following:

Get the prodcuts I will offer as "Backorder" and put the wuantity available as 0 and set their prices as 0 too.

When my customer add them to the cart, it will work normal, but after he makes the purchase, I will give him the price of it.

This is solved, now I got another question and will make another topic.

Thanks for the friends who gave me a light.