Help with ShipStation

I had replied to another thread, but that was using PS 1.5.  I've since upgraded to PS 1.6 and have a couple small problems...here's the thread and my latest below.  Any gurus have any ideas to help get the ShipStation integration fully working?  Thanks! -Mark

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/298312-anyone-using-shipstation/?hl=%2Bshipstation&do=findComment&comment=1696730

ShipStation has been fantastic to work with.  They followed up today, so I thought I would write an update for other PS users that may be considering or using ShipStation.

It was determined that my webhost was the one blocking ShipStation from going back in and updating the Order with the tracking number and "shipped" status.  At that time I was running PS 1.5.4.1

I liked ShipStation so much and it was saving me time and money by automatically importing address and paying for labels, that I decided to upgrade my shared webhosting (maiahost) to VPS webhosting account (a2hosting).  When I transitioned servers I decided to upgrade to the new 1.6 PS.

After getting the store reconfigured and working with PS 1.6 I tested the ShipStation integration.  ShipStation was working better, but there are still 2 small hangups.  Everything works as it should until the very end.  Order is placed on PS. When you login to ShipStation the orders update and import your order data.  You can setup rules based on products and it will automatically default to that shipping preference (or you can manually change the shipping method) and get a shipping rate.  Click print label (literally 2 button clicks).  ShipStation then transmits the tracking number to your PS backoffice order and changes the order status to "Shipped".

The problem is normally when you enter a number into the tracking number on the backoffice and press Enter on your keyboard or "Edit" button on the tracking number, PS updates and it automatically sends out the 'In-Transit' email to your customer which includes the tracking number.  ShipStation is correctly putting the tracking number in the BO order, but it doesn't hit "Enter" or "Edit" for you.  So, the 'In-transit' email is NOT sent out.  You have to manually click on that number and/or click "Edit" and then it sends the email.

A similar problem with the Order Status.  When the order is initially placed in your BO it 'logs' and timestamps the status as 'Paid' or 'Preparation in Progress' or whatever you choose.  When ShipStation finishes creating the label for the order and transmits the status as "Shipped" back to PrestaShop, it somehow changes the status to 'Shipped', but it doesn't timestamp or log that event.  It also, locks the 'Shipped' status up so you can't re-select it yourself to timestamp and log the event by greying the option out.  My workaround was to create another shipping status called 'Shipping Complete' and manually choose that status after I refresh the tracking number.

ShipStation is working with PS on this issue.  PS support can be challenging as I've experienced, so I feel for ShipStation.  Apparently, the API that ShipStation is using is a legacy version and there are some significant changes in PS 1.6.  Maybe some of the PS gurus can help get these last 2 items ironed out?  Thanks! -Mark