Moving base url

CJH

My shop (1.6.0.6) is in a directory, /shop - it was built while the main site was still active.  I now need to move everything into the top level and remove the old website.

An old thread (149001) for Presta 1.5 says to do the following:

Create a folder called /old and move all the files for the old shop into it, or delete them if no longer required.

Move all the folders and files from your prestashop sub-folder to the root directory.

Edit the /config/settings.inc.php file and change

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/sub_folder_name/');

to

define('__PS_BASE_URI__', '/');

Log in to your BO and go to Preferences>SEO & URL's to adjust your shop accordinly.

make sure the .htaccess file and robot file are regenerated. making an update in SEO "should" do it, but confirm it was done properly.

I'd like to know if these instructions are still valid for 1.6, or if something has changed for the new version, please. Any other hints that makes this process easier? In particular, checking /config/settings.inc.php, there is no such line as referred to here, so is this step not needed any more?

Thanks for the help - I don't want to mess this up!

Edited by CJH (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

you don't need to touch configuration files

just move your shop to /old/ directory

log in to back office and change shop details (domain, or base uri) under preferences > seo & urls

Worked great for me Legend, Thanks so much and I greatly appreciate it very much.

God Bless,

Quenncy