multishop - can't add categories in 'horizontal top menu' module

Hi Guys,

I've just updated the test environment of one of my clients from 1.5.5.0 to 1.6.0.8 and facing a strange issue. I've two shops activated and I've already figured that the 'horizontal top menu' in 1.5.5.0 want's a configuration for each shop - not for the 'All Shops' option, if you choose 'All Shops' and make a change to the menu it just isn't displayed anywhere on the front end. Now after I've updated I can change the menu of my first created shop just as I used to do in the old version but when I switch to my second shop the categorie section on the right hand side is completely empty. The same when I try to 'Filter by category' in the product overview. Interesting is that I'm still able to change the category when I'm opening a product and switch to the 'Category/Accessories' tab I see all my categories.

Hope anyone here is using Prestashop with multi shop and ran into this or some similar issue :)

Thanks in advance!

Mario

one thing to add I just noticed: the ps_category_shop table does have the same amount of rows - i originally thought this is a database issue but now I'm pretty sure it is a bug

I've done the update from 1.5.5.0 to 1.5.6.2 and then to 1.6.0.8 and I did a direct update from 1.5.5.0  to 1.6.0.8 both giving me this issue.

Thanks

Edited by tracert (see edit history)

just figured out why this happend:

fist of all, for some reason in ps_category_lang I had a second language for each category (id_lang = 7)

-> delete from ps_category_lang where id_lang = 7;

secondly the reason why I didn't see the categories in the 'horizontal top menu' module was because there was a missing entry in ps_category_shop ... if your second created shop has the id_shop = 2 than you need to insert a row with the values

INSERT INTO `prestax`.`ps_category_shop` (`id_category`, `id_shop`, `position`) VALUES ('1', '2', '1');

first value depends on your main root category

cheers