New Theme built from default-bootstrap theme

In order to move from 1.5 to 1.6 I have set up a test server/prestashop installation to do development and testing under.

I want to develop a New Theme from the default-bootstrap theme but see no way in the admin to "duplicate" an existing theme.  I tried to export the default-bootstrap theme then import it back in as my new theme which seemed to work okay but it did not replicate the CSS directory under the new theme like i was hoping it would. I did not want to modify the CSS files under the default theme but if that is what I need to do then I will do that.

My hope was that I could develop the new theme(s) on the test site, export it,  then upgrade my 1.5 to 1.6 site and import in my 1.6 tested theme.

What is my best approach for doing this.

Thanks,

Joe

In order to move from 1.5 to 1.6 I have set up a test server/prestashop installation to do development and testing under.

I want to develop a New Theme from the default-bootstrap theme but see no way in the admin to "duplicate" an existing theme.  I tried to export the default-bootstrap theme then import it back in as my new theme which seemed to work okay but it did not replicate the CSS directory under the new theme like i was hoping it would. I did not want to modify the CSS files under the default theme but if that is what I need to do then I will do that.

My hope was that I could develop the new theme(s) on the test site, export it,  then upgrade my 1.5 to 1.6 site and import in my 1.6 tested theme.

What is my best approach for doing this.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

how about downloading the entire default-bootstrap folder, renaming it on your PC and uploading it back into the themes directory? This seems to be the fastest way of duplicating a theme.

• Like 1