cover image display default on product page with multiple combinations

I seem to have a problem with the cover image display. It was the default image that displayed on my product pages until the last upgrade. Now on my product page, if I have only one possibility and one combination image + the cover, the cover then displays as the default when you go to the product page. But...if I have 8 or 9 combinations - my default for my products, the default product combination is displaying on the product page when you enter instead of the cover which is what I expect. How would I correct this? Is this just me?

Thanks

I seem to have a problem with the cover image display. It was the default image that displayed on my product pages until the last upgrade. Now on my product page, if I have only one possibility and one combination image + the cover, the cover then displays as the default when you go to the product page. But...if I have 8 or 9 combinations - my default for my products, the default product combination is displaying on the product page when you enter instead of the cover which is what I expect. How would I correct this? Is this just me?

Thanks

error with my observation - I have one product that displays correctly with 9 combinations and it is the only product with 9 combinations. All of those with 8 combinations display the default combination's image instead of the cover image on the product page.

Never mind - the products that are displaying as I wish were errors by me in the combination images.

It appears it is now the default behavior to show the default combination in the product page. I wish to get around this and have the cover image display instead.

Thanks