Missing product categories in 'top horizontal menu' module

Hi Guys,

I'm planning und upgrade one of my clients Prestashop 1.5.5.0 to 1.6 but I'm facing a few issues here. You need to know that my client currently is running a MultiShop with two shops - one for Austria, one for Germany - same products, same categories. It was working fine with the previous version.

Now with the new Version when I try to manage the top horizontal menu in the shop that was created first I can choose from all categories my customer has to add to the menu.

When I switch to the shop that was added a little later (still during implementation phase of the whole site) and want to recreate the same menu with categories I was a little shocked to see none of the categories in the list to choose from.

Also strange is when I wan't to 'filter by categorie' in the products admin page I can see any of the categories either but when I open a product an switch to the category/accessoirs tab there they are - a beautyfully headache causing categorie tree ...

Had anyone of you experienced this before? This really got me stuck on the migration to 1.6 which is really neccessary as we also plan to switch to a theme which doesn't want you to scratch your eye's out :)

Many Thanks in advance!

Mario