Prestashop 1.6 Layered Navigation Stock Display Problem

Hello everyone,

Prestashop 1.6 Layered Navigation does not filter out items with combination quantities = 0.

My research indicates that this has been a long time problem and there are some work arounds for 1.5 but I couldn't find any solution for 1.6.

If you can help me or direct me to the right direction I will greatly appreciate.

Thank you,

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Prestashop 1.6 Layered Navigation does not filter out items with combination quantities = 0.

My research indicates that this has been a long time problem and there are some work arounds for 1.5 but I couldn't find any solution for 1.6.

If you can help me or direct me to the right direction I will greatly appreciate.

Thank you,

I actually am wondering the same thing.  Let's see if I can explain this right:

In my shop I have certain items I keep in stock all the time, and certain items that are offered for sale but are not in stock - they are either special ordered or drop shipped.  Therefore, I do allow sales of items at 0-stock levels.  I also have lots of combinations of items, so use advanced stock for inventory.  In previous versions of PS the layered navigation would look at the actual stock number for availability, then label an item In Stock or Out of Stock.  I was able to change the language in layered nav translations so that the availability filter actually said "Qualifies for Same Day Shipping" for all items in stock, and "Available to Order" for all items with a stock level of 0.  It worked well for my needs.  

Now I have upgraded to PS1.6.0.9.  It seems the layered navigation now only looks at whether an item is available or not.  In other words, everything that is offered for sale is listed as available or in stock, regardless of the stock level.  TIt appears the only way I can get the function I had before is to disallow sales of products with a stock of 0, and that really isn't an option.  So my question is, is there a work-around, or a module, or a fix to get layered navigation to recognize actual stock levels again?

• Like 2