Customization quote: payment gateway, authorize.net, some simple content pages

nquinn

Hi all,

I currently have an ecommerce site from 10 years ago running ugly proprietary code that I'd like to migrate off of.

I'm considering PrestaShop, but would like to know that it can do everything I need.

I'd like a quote to help setup a few custom things that I don't want to deal with.  Any advice would be helpful.

General Summary:

Create a simple shop with around 10 products.  Would need just a few extra templated pages to make the site work:  home page, article pages, contact us page

What customizations I would need:

1.  Authorize.net integration.  However, I do NOT want to use the AIM integration in the official module since it will cause PCI compliance nightmares.  I'd preferably like to use the SIM method, but DPM could be acceptable if it's much easier.  I'm possibly open to using Quantum's gateway as well.

2.  Shipping calculation:  On my current site, I wrote some custom shipping code based only on weight and zone.  I have a lookup table that pulls in a price.  The reason we did this was because orders < 5 lbs generally ship from USPS, and orders > 5 lbs ship from UPS.  I'm open to ideas on how to most simply handle this (along with some handling charges and maybe a custom rule or 2 about discounting shipping in certain situations)

3.  I want to make sure that users can EASILY calculate shipping before they register.  A shipping estimate button should be prominently displayed right near the order summary table.

4.  The old site would need several 301 redirects from the existing pages

5.  Google analytics should be integrated and match the old product ID's

6.  I may need a few light template modifications, but need to look through the default theme and see what I don't like/what's missing. 

7.  The theme should be responsive

My goal is to keep the site as clean/minimal as possible - we'd probably disable all the fancy features and just have a very simple product list / add to cart / etc setup.

About you:

1.  I'm looking for someone that will be available to help for future maintenance for several years (probably at least 5-10).  It's unlikely that I'd make any major changes, but want to have piece of mind that if something breaks in a version update we can fix it promptly.

2.  You should follow PrestaShop best practices for plugins/modules.  I don't want any dirty hacks against core classes that will break in updates.

3.  Bonus points if you have a decent designer on hand that can help with any template issues.

4.  You should know how to address any performance issues.  Testing PrestaShop in my local MAMP environment feels VERY slow, which makes me a bit nervous.

Shoot me a PM if you can help!

Edited by nquinn (see edit history)