Checkout issue Cash on Delivery times out blank page 500 error

for blank pages in PrestaShop, turn on error reporting

config/defines.inc.php  (change false to true)  note: set to false after getting info

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);

then you can search for similar issues much easier

fatal error : Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/kiranasvk/public_html/presta/tools/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 8622. 

.htaccess is root file may be it will be hidden so you have to change setting to display hidden files.

php.ini is php configuration file. If you are on any server then you can talk to your host provider for increasing max execution time.

here you can see all the way to increase max execution time: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7739870/increase-max-execution-time-for-php

I am unable (not to say there isn't) an existing issue like this.

Lets do something simple, uninstall, delete the cash on delivery module and then re-install.

If this does not resolve then lets get more debug info:

config/defines.inc.php

set define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', true);

re-create issue, scroll down we hope to see some additional information.

re, updating the time out, I do not disagree with this method but do we really want to make the customer wait xx seconds for confirmation? :)

.htaccess is root file may be it will be hidden so you have to change setting to display hidden files.

php.ini is php configuration file. If you are on any server then you can talk to your host provider for increasing max execution time.

here you can see all the way to increase max execution time: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7739870/increase-max-execution-time-for-php

there are many .htaccess file.. in my root folder..but they are just used for comments ! :-(

Lets do something simple, uninstall, delete the cash on delivery module and then re-install.

config/defines.inc.php

re, updating the time out, I do not disagree with this method but do we really want to make the customer wait xx seconds for confirmation? :)

hello sir, 

i have done what you said..now the page is showing the same error ! " fatal error : Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/kiranasvk/public_html/presta/tools/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 8622." 

i did what you said about host provider...they are saying that i will have to purchase the dedicated server !

config/defines.inc.php

please visit this page you will get all the details after scrolling down ! "http://kiranaoli.com/presta/index.php"

Hi Saurabh,

there are many .htaccess file.. in my root folder..but they are just used for comments ! :-(

It is not possible multiple files with same name. If you are confused with .htaccess then you can write ini_set('max_execution_time', 300); at the top of tcpdf.php file.

I would open a report here: http://forge.prestashop.com/

please post link to the open forge report back here

Not really having much more to input, other than setting _PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_ as mentioned above.

go to back office-->advanced parameters-->email

send a test email, how long does it take  to complete?

when i click on send an email test an error occurs : "PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONFIGURATION. SENDING FAILED USING MAIL () AS PHP's DEFAULT MAIL() FUNCTION RETURNED BOOLEAN FALSE."

when i click on send an email test an error occurs : "PLEASE CHECK YOUR CONFIGURATION. SENDING FAILED USING MAIL () AS PHP's DEFAULT MAIL() FUNCTION RETURNED BOOLEAN FALSE."

you will need to search around for that error message there are several postings on this...none of which I want to post here as it may or may not pertain to your issue. 

you did not open forge...please follow all directions, don't pick and choose :)

contact your hosting company to see if mail is set up properly in hosting account

make sure that your shop email address is the same as you domain, i.e [email protected]

you will need to search around for that error message there are several postings on this...none of which I want to post here as it may or may not pertain to your issue. 

you did not open forge...please follow all directions, don't pick and choose :)

contact your hosting company to see if mail is set up properly in hosting account

make sure that your shop email address is the same as you domain, i.e [email protected]

i did.. my email address are same !

• 3 months later...

my error is 
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "/home1/cctronic/public_html/ekarti/themes/default-bootstrap/mails/ar/order_conf_product_list.txt" on line 2 "{$product[\'reference\']}" - Unexpected "\" <-- thrown 

this happens only when i select Arabic language it's ok with english