[RESOLVED] Modify Banner in paypalusa module

vegaskev

So to modify the 'pay with paypal' banner in the paypalusa module, I know that I need to change out the image in line 66 of modules/paypalusa/standard.tpl with the replacement image path.  However, I don't want to 'hack' the module and avoid upgrades.  I am looking for some information on how to modify the module within my theme, rather than within prestashop modules directory.

I read somewhere (can't find the doc now) that to modify a module safely I need to create a folder within themes/my-theme/modules/ directory with the same name as the module and then insert my modified file within it.  But I'm a little unsure how to go about this as the file I need to modify is nested multiple folders deep within the module.

The path to the file I want to modify is here

public_html/modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl

so, does that mean that I should create the same nested directories and place my modified file within them like this...

public_html/themes/my-theme/modules/paypalusa/views/templates/hook/standard.tpl

Is this the correct format for modifying modules or am I off base here?  Also, when I do this, do I need to include my new path anywhere in my theme so that it knows to call my modified file, or is this standard template hierarchy with prestashop?

I appreciate your guidance.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by vegaskev (see edit history)