password

first and last name

address

city

state

zip code

country

And NOTHING else.

Do the themes like these exist at all? Or are there themes where ANY field can be disabled and made invisible without touching the codes, just switching the buttons on/off in the back office? Like the one we have here in the default PS theme for the phone number that makes it a required field or not required. Are there themes that have such buttons to not only make a field not required, but also not show up in the form at all?

The themes I saw in the PS store seem to have a different approach. Perhaps these are standard European registration form templates since PS is a company from France.

But here in the US things are done differently. The registration forms are quite simple and short. I rarely see a long registration form with many fields when I shop online. Too many fields turn off the customers and they don't feel comfortable sharing more information than is necessary just to ship an order. Everyone knows that lots of companies here sell their customers' personal information to other companies and people then get a lot of junk mail or unsolicited phone calls.

Are there themes with such a short registration form, or at least a module compatible with v. 1.6 that won't screw up the site after installation?