Connect to USPS Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0

FIXED -   I don't know why but I was getting alot of other errors including cacheFs erros but after I disabled cache all together it started working again.

Recently my shop started getting errors in the Connect to USPS module.  Anyone have any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it?  It shows up when adding to the cart, and also in the back office when looking at the configuration. I have tried to uninstall, re install, reset, disable, re enable. with no luck.  

Connect to USPS

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php on line 1597

Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php on line 1598

now getting these errors.

Warning on line 972 in file /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php
[2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Notice on line 1649 in file /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php
[8] Uninitialized string offset: 0

Notice on line 1650 in file /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php

Notice on line 1655 in file /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php

Notice on line 1656 in file /home/decalmon/public_html/modules/uspscarrier/uspscarrier.php

Edited by rintro (see edit history)