Loosing customers because Chrome gives strange results

OK,

I have gone online last week and I allready had a few sales  :) , but in my analytics I see also quiet a few people coming at my home page and then leave. They all use Chrome and when I check my homepage with Chrome the CMS block is only 1 cm width and 30cm long. As soon as I click somewhere on the page it jumps back to normal.

How do I debug this? In MS exploder and Firefox everything looks normal.

Website is http://chinarello.nl

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

congratulation on new sales!

body#index #cmsinfo_block {
width: 100%;
}

Try and insert this code into your global.css file. I use Chrome and it first loaded width like 10% width. Then it loaded up properly. This should set the width directly to 100%. Then delete cache and please let me know if it helps or not.

Sorry, I don't understand it. In BackOffice - Preferences - CMS, I can only change cms parts like "return policy" etc. but not the CMS info block which is on the front page. I can change this text in the module "blockcmsinfo" but there are only a few html codes in it. 

OK, I found it in modules\blockcmsinfo\blockcmsinfo.tpl and changed it. Not it uses the complete width however... only when I don't use cache. As soon as I enable cache, it jumps back again  :blink: . I tried recompiling and deleting index_cache.php in the cache map, without luck. It seems to be somewhere in the cache.