BIG problems with my Prestashop 1.6 shop. Thinking about switching to Magento if no reply

This is the third time I am posting about the problems I am having with my shop.  The first two had NO responses.  I need your help and advice.  Thanks.

I moved my shop from a test folder to the root directory; everything is set up correctly as far as I can tell

Shop URL:  http://www.customflygrips.com

Problems I am having:

1. USPS shows up as a shipping option for estimation but is not an option during checkout.

2. FedEx is the only option that shows up at checkout (but does not show up for estimation)

3. UPS is set up correctly and does not show up for either estimation or checkout

4. When orders are placed, I do not get an order confirmation email and no order is set up in my back end

5. When I set up an order for the customer from the shopping cart that they purchased, there are a few dresses in the order that can not be removed.  The dresses were part of the sample products in the shop upon install, had been deleted as products, and are definitely nowhere to be found in my shop.  They were not part of the shopping cart that the order was placed using.

I have had two orders so far and dresses showed up on both invoices.  On the second, the amounts were all incorrect for some reason.  Both orders were paid through PayPal.

Could this be an issue with the move of the shop?  I have all of my modules up to date and my shop is the newest available version (1.6.0.6)

If I re-upload all of the original prestashop files to my root directory, would I lose all of my products that I have set up?  I need  to get this fixed asap as I am losing money and can not promote a shop that is not working correctly. 

Please help me.  I am desperate for any input as to a solution for my problems.

Seems like some misconfiguration in the shipping options to me, and is not a problem of Prestashop nor Magento.

You will have the same issue with Magento if you don't have enough knowledge to setup an e-commerce system, so don't blame the creators for this!

The shipping part is closely integrated with the warehouse part.

All products should be connected with a warehouse, and the warehouse should be connected with your shipping partners.

If you don't use the warehouse, you need to connect all products seperately to a shipping partner.

That means: big chance that something will happen like your problem.

Prestashop puts and get all data from it's database, so moving your shop from a sub folder to root folder can not cause any other products.

Perhaps something went wrong during moving your store.

Did you move the files to the root folder or made a fresh install in the root folder and then just moved the configuration file?

If you can send me PM with login for your backoffice I can have a look for you.

you can create an extra employee with my e-mailadres and some password.

Afterwards, just delete or deactivate my account.

BR,

Fabio

• Like 1