Address alias

Dear Prestashop,

I understand you're based in Europe and things may be done differently there, but here in the US you have a huge customer base and need to be sensitive to their needs. I have never in 15 years of using the internet seen an online registration form that requires an address alias. Not even once! I wouldn't even know what to enter there. It is just NOT used here in the USA. Please, if you want more US customers who aren't turned off by the complexity of these registration forms, fix your program and disable the alias field, or at least give us an option to require it or not.

When I go to any online store here in the US and see a weird registration form, I simply abandon my shopping cart and look elsewhere, where the registration is friendly and simple.

What is this address alias at all??? What is it for? I SIMPLY DON'T GET IT!

I need my registration form to have only what I need in it and get rid of all unnecessary fields. Shoppers today are impatient and quickly go elsewhere if they get annoyed. I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up a store with a stupid registration form and have customers go away. People in America ARE NOT used to stupid things, they simply aren't patient enough.

And if you want to have more users of PS in the USA, you must listen to their needs. Or they'll vote with their feet.

• Like 1