Hide 'in stock' from Sort By drop down menu

Hi there,

Our store is a 'made to order' model, so stock levels are not really relevant.

I would like to be able to hide 'in stock' from the Sort By drop down menu when viewing search results and category pages (anywhere where the 'sort by' drop down occurs).

Can anyone help please?

Open yourtheme/product-sort.tpl and delete following code:

{if $PS_STOCK_MANAGEMENT && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}
                <option value="quantity:desc" {if $orderby eq 'quantity' AND $orderway eq 'desc'}selected="selected"{/if}>{l s='In stock'}</option>
{/if}

• 2 weeks later...

Great answer! I needed this as well.. I also have a similar question to add.. I have some products in my shop with inventory, most without because they are made to order.. I haven't found a place to turn off the "in stock" and "out of stock" buttons on the product list, so that my whole shop doesn't have the appearance of being out of stock... I'm not sure what I did, but somehow the "out of stock" text is no longer showing up.. however, there is still a small red blip where the "out of stock" was before... this could be confusing to my customers and I would rather have neither button show up at all for every product, which would be much cleaner. visit http://myquickjuice.com/shop/2_nicquid to see what I mean.. is there some code I could get rid of, both in the product listing, description, and checkout pages that would hide both buttons altogether? I have looked, and please forgive me, I don't know enough about raw code to be able to decipher it on my own. thanks for your help!

Edited by myquickjuice (see edit history)