How to single out free shipping on a single product in vouchers

Hey thank in advance for anyone that can give me an idea how I can resolve what seems to me a very complicated matter.  Here we go!

First of all, the site is a printer's website, so it is not typical of what your everyday run of the mill PS store contain and how they operate. We are adding in live editors at the end of the project and the writers of the module told us to use PS for our store.

All of our products do not have the functionality to have single quantity, so we heavily rely on product combinations, which are a nightmare in PS by the way. And there is no inventory control since the product is printed to order.

Here lies our issue:

Our client, who we set this store up for their franchisees, offers a free banner or business cards to new owners. In doing so they want to give them a voucher code for either or. The home office, the tax company, pays us, the printing company, for each order the voucher was used for. The Customer gets free set of business cards with free shipping.

We setup the voucher in the "cart rules" and it works great if the buyer is only getting the business cards or banner, however, if they were to add any other product that they will be responsible for all charges including shipping, it is not functioning correctly. It is giving them free shipping on the whole cart, not just the single item they are supposed to get totally free.

Any ideas here? Is there a workaround? 

If you want to see it, the link is this: http://nlt-marketing.maginatemarketing.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product and the coupon code is: KVMZU3DL

It will only work for 500 business cards, no other quantity, that's the way we want it. but add in other products and you will see what I am talking about.