image upload issue

Hey guys,

I need some help with the following problem:

Since a few days I get an error message saying "Bildformat nicht anerkannt, erlaubte Formate: GIF, JPG, PNG" (= picture format not recognized, allowed formats: GIF, JPG, PNG) when trying to upload an image using the image uploading page.

I verified that the image is indeed a JPG and also tried uploading a GIF.

The strange thing is that the image upload works for the folder "Products" but none of the others.

I did not change any of the source code in any of my files, did not update my PHP or anything like that. I am using PrestaShop-Version: 1.5.6.2 

Also: I noticed that the folder "img/tmp/" a new file with a random name like "PSfLaGML" appears - without a file extension. When I do add ".jpg" to that file though I could verify that it is indeed the file that I tried to upload.

Any kind of advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Johnny32 (see edit history)

Hey guys,

I need some help with the following problem:

Since a few days I get an error message saying "Bildformat nicht anerkannt, erlaubte Formate: GIF, JPG, PNG" (= picture format not recognized, allowed formats: GIF, JPG, PNG) when trying to upload an image using the image uploading page.

I verified that the image is indeed a JPG and also tried uploading a GIF.

The strange thing is that the image upload works for the folder "Products" but none of the others.

I did not change any of the source code in any of my files, did not update my PHP or anything like that. I am using PrestaShop-Version: 1.5.6.2 

Also: I noticed that the folder "img/tmp/" a new file with a random name like "PSfLaGML" appears - without a file extension. When I do add ".jpg" to that file though I could verify that it is indeed the file that I tried to upload.

Any kind of advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Nobody has any advice or what file it could be?

Any help would be great!

Thanks.