Customer registration form problems

I edited my customer registration form and it no longer requires phone #, alias and such.

When I tried to register, just to see what would happen, and I entered all required fields, it asked me for first and last name, as well as for the alias. How can this bug be fixed?

screenshotacct_zps4915d1ce.png

This is what my registration form looks like:

screenshotacct2_zpsfbbd37e9.png

are you able to switch temporarily to default teplate and check how it works there?

im affraid that your theme is a little buggy at the moment (i see other topics from you related to cases strictly connected to theme)

• Like 1

I deleted the default template since I don't need it. Is there a way to get it back without deleting any changes in my theme I have now? I wouldn't even remember how to get it all back if I had to delete it...

Yeah, this theme is such a pain in the neck, I didn't even expect it to be this difficult! I purposely purchased it from Prestashop because I thought PS checks all themes and would have the necessary answers if any issues arise.

OK, I reinstalled the default theme and everything. The checkout in my theme still has the same issues while the default one doesn't at all, it works well. But each time I switch back and forth from my theme to default, lots of things get changed automatically by itself in my theme, so I don't want to switch back and forth again because it's such a hassle to change everything again and again!

Here is a screenshot I took of my theme when I tried to register an account:

Screenshot2014-06-07at90835PM_zpsdb98ec5

I tried to see what would happen if I swich to "Standard (account creation and address creation)" to "Olny account creation", where you only need to enter email and password. When I entered both and clicked on Register, this is what popped up. Can someone please tell me how to fix this bug? It's unbelievable how many bugs this theme has... :angry: I'm starting losing my sanity over this!

Screenshot2014-06-08at110307PM_zps8be27c

Hello.

That's not right at all.

PrestaShop requires firname, lastname, email and password. That is not theme specific.

To fix this error, you would need to modify your theme to include these fields.

Where did you buy this theme?

*EDIT*

Okey. I found your theme.

The demo they have is correct. It includes the firstname and lastname when register a user.

Have you edited theme? If not, re-download it and see if it appears correct after that.

There demo: http://addons.prestashop.com/demo/FO7601.html

Edited by PhpMadman (see edit history)

PhpMadnan, in my previous post I wrote that I tried to see what happens if I switch to "Standard (account creation and address creation)" to "Olny account creation", where you only need to enter email and password. In this case you don't enter name, address, etc, just email and password. You only register, and if you make a purchase, then you enter your name, address, etc. in the order form.

Originally, I had a "Standard" registration with name, address and so on (see screenshot at the beginning of the post). Yes, I edited that registration and removed some fields that I don't need there (title, birthdate, phone number, address alias). See the 2nd screenshot from the beginning of this thread - this is what my standard registration looks like right now. After deleting those fields, I started having these registration issues. It still asks for the alias. (What is it and why is it required?!! It's 21st century out there!)

I have a Standard 5-steps account registration in my store. I just tried to check out with a real email I have for years. At the checkout it asks me to create an account and this is the screen I see first:

Screenshot2014-06-10at83438PM_zps1c15762

I enter an email address and click on Create an account.

This is the window that opens then, so now I need to enter a password (all these extra steps are quite annoying, to be honest):

Screenshot2014-06-10at83702PM_zps18f6325

I enter the password and this is what pops up:

Screenshot2014-06-10at83031PM_zps2d45ff6

Please someone help me with this because this is the step I'm stuck at! I specifically wanted to purchase this theme from Prestashop as they stated theyre is a "lifetime support". But so many of my threads are left unanswered that I don't know what to do. It's been so many days I'm fiddling with such a simple step, it's unbelievable. Another person would already go elsewhere and leave awful reviews everywhere they can. I won't do that as I still hope PS can help me with this simple thing.

As you said alias is when you had the standard reg with address.

Alias is the name on witch the address is stored, by default it's My Address

So it's required because it's the identifier for customer / PrestaShop when customer has multiple addresses.

You are better of using the create account only.

And then re-add the firstname and lastname input. If you still don't want them to appear, instead of removing them. change the type from  text  to hidden.     And change / add the data value=" " to include a space. This should register customer name as spaces.

Madman, I did as you said, but it didn't work. Can you please see where the problem could be? Below is my code in the authentication file. I would like to remove these fields:

title

birthday

receive special offers from our partners

and one of the first/last names fields (don't understand why on one-page form people have to enter their name twice!).

both phone numbers

please use another address for invoice

Here's what my one-page registration form looks like right now:

Screenshot2014-06-11at52816AM_zps7865c1a

{*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to [email protected] so we can send you a copy immediately.
* DISCLAIMER
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade PrestaShop to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize PrestaShop for your
* needs please refer to http://www.prestashop.com for more information.
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}
{capture name=path}
    {if !isset($email_create)}{l s='Authentication'}{else}
        <a href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Authentication'}">{l s='Authentication'}</a>
        <span class="navigation-pipe">{$navigationPipe}</span>{l s='Create your account'}
    {/if}
{/capture}
<h1 class="page-heading">{if !isset($email_create)}{l s='Authentication'}{else}{l s='Create an account'}{/if}</h1>
{if isset($display_guest_checkout)}{assign var='current_step' value='login'}{include file="$tpl_dir./order-steps.tpl"}{/if}
{include file="$tpl_dir./errors.tpl"}
{assign var='stateExist' value=false}
{assign var="postCodeExist" value=false}
{assign var="dniExist" value=false}
{if !isset($email_create)}
    <!--{if isset($authentification_error)}
    <div class="alert alert-danger">
        {if {$authentification_error|@count} == 1}
            <p>{l s='There\'s at least one error'} :</p>
            {else}
            <p>{l s='There are %s errors' sprintf=[$account_error|@count]} :</p>
        {/if}
        <ol>
            {foreach from=$authentification_error item=v}
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}-->
    <div class="row">
        <div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-6">
            <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="create-account_form" class="box">
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Create an account'}</h3>
                <div class="form_content clearfix">
                    <p>{l s='Please enter your email address to create an account.'}</p>
                    <div class="alert alert-danger" id="create_account_error" style="display:none"></div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="email_create">{l s='Email address'}</label>
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate account_input form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="email_create" name="email_create" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email_create)}{$smarty.post.email_create|stripslashes}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="submit">
                        {if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
                        <button class="btn btn-default button button-medium exclusive" type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate">
                            <span>
                                <i class="icon-user left"></i>
                                {l s='Create an account'}
                            </span>
                        </button>
                        <input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="SubmitCreate" value="{l s='Create an account'}" />
                    </div>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
            <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="login_form" class="box">
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Already registered?'}</h3>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="email">{l s='Email address'}</label>
                        <input class="is_required validate account_input form-control" data-validate="isEmail" type="text" id="email" name="email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email)}{$smarty.post.email|stripslashes}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <label for="passwd">{l s='Password'}</label>
                        <span><input class="is_required validate account_input form-control" type="password" data-validate="isPasswd" id="passwd" name="passwd" value="{if isset($smarty.post.passwd)}{$smarty.post.passwd|stripslashes}{/if}" /></span>
                    </div>
                    <p class="lost_password form-group"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('password')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Recover your forgotten password'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Forgot your password?'}</a></p>
                    <p class="submit">
                        {if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
                        <button type="submit" id="SubmitLogin" name="SubmitLogin" class="button btn btn-default button-medium">
                            <span>
                                <i class="icon-lock left"></i>
                                {l s='Sign in'}
                            </span>
                        </button>
                    </p>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
    </div>
    {if isset($inOrderProcess) && $inOrderProcess && $PS_GUEST_CHECKOUT_ENABLED}
        <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true, NULL, "back=$back")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="new_account_form" class="std clearfix">
            <div class="box">
                <div id="opc_account_form" style="display: block; ">
                    <h3 class="page-heading bottom-indent">{l s='Instant checkout'}</h3>
                    <!-- Account -->
                    <div class="required form-group">
                        <label for="guest_email">{l s='Email address'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                        <input type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="guest_email" name="guest_email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.guest_email)}{$smarty.post.guest_email}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <!--<div class="cleafix gender-line">
                        <label>{l s='Title'}</label>
                        {foreach from=$genders key=k item=gender}
                            <div class="radio-inline">
                                <label for="id_gender{$gender->id}" class="top">
                                    <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender{$gender->id}" value="{$gender->id}"{if isset($smarty.post.id_gender) && $smarty.post.id_gender == $gender->id} checked="checked"{/if} />
                                    {$gender->name}
                                </label>
                            </div>
                        {/foreach}
                    </div>-->
                        <label for="firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                        <input type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="firstname" name="firstname" onblur="$('#customer_firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                        <label for="lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                        <input type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="lastname" name="lastname" onblur="$('#customer_lastname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group date-select">
                        <label>{l s='Date of Birth'}</label>
                        <div class="row">
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <select id="days" name="days" class="form-control">
                                    <option value="">-</option>
                                    {foreach from=$days item=day}
                                        <option value="{$day}" {if ($sl_day == $day)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$day}  </option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                                {*
                                    {l s='January'}
                                    {l s='February'}
                                    {l s='March'}
                                    {l s='April'}
                                    {l s='May'}
                                    {l s='June'}
                                    {l s='July'}
                                    {l s='August'}
                                    {l s='September'}
                                    {l s='October'}
                                    {l s='November'}
                                    {l s='December'}
                                *}
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <select id="months" name="months" class="form-control">
                                    {foreach from=$months key=k item=month}
                                        <option value="{$k}" {if ($sl_month == $k)} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s=$month} </option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <select id="years" name="years" class="form-control">
                                    {foreach from=$years item=year}
                                        <option value="{$year}" {if ($sl_year == $year)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$year}  </option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>-->
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    <!--{if isset($newsletter) && $newsletter}
                        <div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="newsletter">
                            <input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) && $smarty.post.newsletter == '1'}checked="checked"{/if} />
                            {l s='Sign up for our newsletter!'}</label>
                        </div>
                        <div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="optin">
                            <input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == '1'}checked="checked"{/if} />
                            {l s='Receive special offers from our partners!'}</label>
                        </div>-->
                    {/if}
                    <h3 class="page-heading bottom-indent top-indent">{l s='Delivery address'}</h3>
                    {foreach from=$dlv_all_fields item=field_name}
                        {if $field_name eq "company" && $b2b_enable}
                            <!--<div class="form-group">
                                <label for="company">{l s='Company'}</label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" id="company" name="company" value="{if isset($smarty.post.company)}{$smarty.post.company}{/if}" />
                            </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "vat_number"}
                            <div id="vat_number" style="display:none;">
                                <div class="form-group">
                                    <label for="vat-number">{l s='VAT number'}</label>
                                    <input id="vat-number" type="text" class="form-control" name="vat_number" value="{if isset($smarty.post.vat_number)}{$smarty.post.vat_number}{/if}" />
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            {elseif $field_name eq "dni"}
                            {assign var='dniExist' value=true}
                            <div class="required dni form-group">
                                <label for="dni">{l s='Identification number'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <input type="text" name="dni" id="dni" value="{if isset($smarty.post.dni)}{$smarty.post.dni}{/if}" />
                                <span class="form_info">{l s='DNI / NIF / NIE'}</span>
                            </div>-->
                        {elseif $field_name eq "address1"}
                                <label for="address1">{l s='Address'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address1" id="address1" value="{if isset($smarty.post.address1)}{$smarty.post.address1}{/if}" />
                            </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "address2"}
                            <div class="form-group is_customer_param">
                                <label for="address2">{l s='Address (Line 2)'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address2" id="address2" value="{if isset($smarty.post.address2)}{$smarty.post.address2}{/if}" />
                            </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "postcode"}
                            {assign var='postCodeExist' value=true}
                            <div class="required postcode form-group">
                                <label for="postcode">{l s='Zip/Postal Code'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode" id="postcode" value="{if isset($smarty.post.postcode)}{$smarty.post.postcode}{/if}" onblur="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                            </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "city"}
                                <label for="city">{l s='City'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="city" id="city" value="{if isset($smarty.post.city)}{$smarty.post.city}{/if}" />
                            </div>
                            <!-- if customer hasn't update his layout address, country has to be verified but it's deprecated -->
                        {elseif $field_name eq "Country:name" || $field_name eq "country"}
                            <div class="required select form-group">
                                <label for="id_country">{l s='Country'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <select name="id_country" id="id_country" class="form-control">
                                    {foreach from=$countries item=v}
                                        <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($smarty.post.id_country) AND  $smarty.post.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name}</option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "State:name"}
                            {assign var='stateExist' value=true}
                            <div class="required id_state select form-group">
                                <label for="id_state">{l s='State'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                                <select name="id_state" id="id_state" class="form-control">
                                </select>
                            </div>
                        {/if}
                    {/foreach}
                    {if $stateExist eq false}
                        <div class="required id_state select unvisible form-group">
                            </select>
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    {if $postCodeExist eq false}
                        <div class="required postcode unvisible form-group">
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode" id="postcode" value="{if isset($smarty.post.postcode)}{$smarty.post.postcode}{/if}" onblur="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    {if $dniExist eq false}
                        <div class="required form-group dni_invoice">
                            <input type="text" class="text form-control" name="dni_invoice" id="dni_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.dni_invoice}{$guestInformations.dni_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    <!--<div class="{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}required {/if}form-group">
                        <label for="phone_mobile">{l s='Mobile phone'}{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least} <sup>*</sup>{/if}</label>
                        <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_mobile" id="phone_mobile" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone_mobile)}{$smarty.post.phone_mobile}{/if}" />
                    </div>-->
                    <!--<input type="hidden" name="alias" id="alias" value="{l s='My address'}" />
                    <input type="hidden" name="is_new_customer" id="is_new_customer" value="0" />
                    <div class="checkbox">
                        <label for="invoice_address">
                        <input type="checkbox" name="invoice_address" id="invoice_address"{if (isset($smarty.post.invoice_address) && $smarty.post.invoice_address) || (isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.invoice_address)} checked="checked"{/if} autocomplete="off"/>
                        {l s='Please use another address for invoice'}</label>
                    </div>-->
                    <div id="opc_invoice_address"  class="unvisible">
                        {assign var=stateExist value=false}
                        {assign var=postCodeExist value=false}
                        <h3 class="page-subheading top-indent">{l s='Invoice address'}</h3>
                        {foreach from=$inv_all_fields item=field_name}
                            <label for="company_invoice">{l s='Company'}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="text form-control" id="company_invoice" name="company_invoice" value="" />
                        </div>
                        <div id="vat_number_block_invoice" class="is_customer_param" style="display:none;">
                            <div class="form-group">
                                <label for="vat_number_invoice">{l s='VAT number'}</label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" id="vat_number_invoice" name="vat_number_invoice" value="" />
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        {assign var=dniExist value=true}
                            <input type="text" class="text form-control" name="dni_invoice" id="dni_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.dni_invoice}{$guestInformations.dni_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>-->
                        {elseif $field_name eq "firstname"}
                            <label for="firstname_invoice">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="firstname_invoice" name="firstname_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname_invoice}{$guestInformations.firstname_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "lastname"}
                            <label for="lastname_invoice">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="lastname_invoice" name="lastname_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname_invoice}{$guestInformations.lastname_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <label for="address1_invoice">{l s='Address'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address1_invoice" id="address1_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.address1_invoice}{$guestInformations.address1_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <label for="address2_invoice">{l s='Address (Line 2)'}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address2_invoice" id="address2_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.address2_invoice}{$guestInformations.address2_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        {$postCodeExist = true}
                        <div class="required postcode_invoice form-group">
                            <label for="postcode_invoice">{l s='Zip/Postal Code'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode_invoice" id="postcode_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.postcode_invoice}{$guestInformations.postcode_invoice}{/if}" onkeyup="$('#postcode_invoice').val($('#postcode_invoice').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </div>
                            <label for="city_invoice">{l s='City'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="city_invoice" id="city_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.city_invoice}{$guestInformations.city_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "country" || $field_name eq "Country:name"}
                            <label for="id_country_invoice">{l s='Country'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <select name="id_country_invoice" id="id_country_invoice" class="form-control">
                                <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($guestInformations) AND $guestInformations.id_country_invoice == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($guestInformations) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {elseif $field_name eq "state" || $field_name eq 'State:name'}
                        {$stateExist = true}
                        <div class="required id_state_invoice form-group" style="display:none;">
                            <label for="id_state_invoice">{l s='State'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                            <select name="id_state_invoice" id="id_state_invoice" class="form-control">
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                        {/foreach}
                        {if !$postCodeExist}
                        <div class="required postcode_invoice form-group unvisible">
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode_invoice" id="postcode_invoice" value="" onkeyup="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </div>
                        {/if}                    
                        {if !$stateExist}
                        <div class="required id_state_invoice form-group unvisible">
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                            <label for="other_invoice">{l s='Additional information'}</label>
                            <textarea class="form-control" name="other_invoice" id="other_invoice" cols="26" rows="3"></textarea>
                        </div>
                        {if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}
                            <!--<p class="inline-infos required is_customer_param">{l s='You must register at least one phone number.'}</p>
                        {/if}                    
                            <label for="phone_invoice">{l s='Home phone'}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_invoice" id="phone_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.phone_invoice}{$guestInformations.phone_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        <div class="{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}required {/if}form-group">
                            <label for="phone_mobile_invoice">{l s='Mobile phone'}{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least} <sup>*</sup>{/if}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_mobile_invoice" id="phone_mobile_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.phone_mobile_invoice}{$guestInformations.phone_mobile_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        <input type="hidden" name="alias_invoice" id="alias_invoice" value="{l s='My Invoice address'}" />
                    </div>-->
                    <!-- END Account -->
                </div>
                {$HOOK_CREATE_ACCOUNT_FORM}
            </div>
            <p class="cart_navigation required submit clearfix">
                <span><sup>*</sup>{l s='Required field'}</span>
                <input type="hidden" name="display_guest_checkout" value="1" />
                <button type="submit" class="button btn btn-default button-medium" name="submitGuestAccount" id="submitGuestAccount">
                    <span>
                        {l s='Proceed to checkout'}
                        <i class="icon-chevron-right right"></i>
                    </span>
                </button>
            </p>
        </form>
    {/if}
{else}
    <!--{if isset($account_error)}
    <div class="error">
        {if {$account_error|@count} == 1}
            {else}
        {/if}
        <ol>
            {foreach from=$account_error item=v}
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}-->
    <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="account-creation_form" class="std box">
        {$HOOK_CREATE_ACCOUNT_TOP}
        <div class="account_creation">
            <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your personal information'}</h3>
            <!--<div class="clearfix">
                <br />
                            <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender{$gender->id}" value="{$gender->id}" {if isset($smarty.post.id_gender) && $smarty.post.id_gender == $gender->id}checked="checked"{/if} />
                        {$gender->name}
                        </label>
                    </div>
                {/foreach}
            </div>-->
                <label for="customer_firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input onkeyup="$('#firstname').val(this.value);" type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_firstname)}{$smarty.post.customer_firstname}{/if}" />
            </div>
                <label for="customer_lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input onkeyup="$('#lastname').val(this.value);" type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_lastname)}{$smarty.post.customer_lastname}{/if}" />
            </div>
                <label for="email">{l s='Email'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="email" name="email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email)}{$smarty.post.email}{/if}" />
            </div>
            <div class="required password form-group">
                <label for="passwd">{l s='Password'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input type="password" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isPasswd" name="passwd" id="passwd" />
                <span class="form_info">{l s='(Five characters minimum)'}</span>
            </div>
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <option value="{$day}" {if ($sl_day == $day)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$day}  </option>
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                        {*
                            {l s='January'}
                            {l s='February'}
                            {l s='March'}
                            {l s='April'}
                            {l s='May'}
                            {l s='June'}
                            {l s='July'}
                            {l s='August'}
                            {l s='September'}
                            {l s='October'}
                            {l s='November'}
                            {l s='December'}
                        *}
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <option value="{$k}" {if ($sl_month == $k)} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s=$month} </option>
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                                <option value="{$year}" {if ($sl_year == $year)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$year}  </option>
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>-->
                </div>
            </div>
            {if $newsletter}
                <div class="checkbox">
                    <!--<input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) AND $smarty.post.newsletter == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
                    <label for="newsletter">{l s='Sign up for our newsletter!'}</label>
                </div>
                <div class="checkbox">
                    <input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
                    <label for="optin">{l s='Receive special offers from our partners!'}</label>
                </div>-->
            {/if}
        </div>
        {if $b2b_enable}
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your company information'}</h3>
                <!--<p class="form-group">
                    <label for="">{l s='Company'}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="company" name="company" value="{if isset($smarty.post.company)}{$smarty.post.company}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <label for="siret">{l s='SIRET'}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="siret" name="siret" value="{if isset($smarty.post.siret)}{$smarty.post.siret}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <label for="ape">{l s='APE'}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="ape" name="ape" value="{if isset($smarty.post.ape)}{$smarty.post.ape}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <label for="website">{l s='Website'}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="website" name="website" value="{if isset($smarty.post.website)}{$smarty.post.website}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
        {if isset($PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE) && $PS_REGISTRATION_PROCESS_TYPE}
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Your address'}</h3>
                    {if $field_name eq "company"}
                        {if !$b2b_enable}
                            <p class="form-group">
                            </p>
                        {/if}
                            <p class="form-group">
                                <label for="vat_number">{l s='VAT number'}</label>
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="vat_number" value="{if isset($smarty.post.vat_number)}{$smarty.post.vat_number}{/if}" />
                            </p>
                        </div>
                        <p class="required form-group">
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                        </p>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                        </p>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address1" id="address1" value="{if isset($smarty.post.address1)}{$smarty.post.address1}{/if}" />
                            <span class="inline-infos">{l s='Street address, P.O. Box, Company name, etc.'}</span>
                        </p>
                        <p class="form-group is_customer_param">
                            <label for="address2">{l s='Address (Line 2)'}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address2" id="address2" value="{if isset($smarty.post.address2)}{$smarty.post.address2}{/if}" />
                            <span class="inline-infos">{l s='Apartment, suite, unit, building, floor, etc...'}</span>
                        </p>
                        <p class="required postcode form-group">
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode" id="postcode" value="{if isset($smarty.post.postcode)}{$smarty.post.postcode}{/if}" onkeyup="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </p>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="city" id="city" value="{if isset($smarty.post.city)}{$smarty.post.city}{/if}" />
                        </p>
                        <!-- if customer hasn't update his layout address, country has to be verified but it's deprecated -->
                        <p class="required select form-group">
                                <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($smarty.post.id_country) AND $smarty.post.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name}</option>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </p>
                    {elseif $field_name eq "State:name" || $field_name eq 'state'}
                        <p class="required id_state select form-group">
                            </select>
                        </p>
                    {/if}
                {/foreach}
                    <p class="required postcode form-group unvisible">
                        <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode" id="postcode" value="{if isset($smarty.post.postcode)}{$smarty.post.postcode}{/if}" onkeyup="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                    </p>
                {/if}        
                    <p class="required id_state select unvisible form-group">
                        </select>
                    </p>
                {/if}
                <p class="textarea form-group">
                    <label for="other">{l s='Additional information'}</label>
                    <textarea class="form-control" name="other" id="other" cols="26" rows="3">{if isset($smarty.post.other)}{$smarty.post.other}{/if}</textarea>
                </p>
                    <p class="inline-infos">{l s='You must register at least one phone number.'}</p>
                {/if}
                <!--<p class="form-group">
                    <label for="phone">{l s='Home phone'}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone" id="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}required {/if}form-group">
                    <label for="phone_mobile">{l s='Mobile phone'}{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least} <sup>*</sup>{/if}</label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_mobile" id="phone_mobile" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone_mobile)}{$smarty.post.phone_mobile}{/if}" />
                </p>-->
                <!--<p class="required form-group" id="address_alias">
                    <label for="alias">{l s='Assign an address alias for future reference.'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="alias" id="alias" value="{if isset($smarty.post.alias)}{$smarty.post.alias}{else}{l s='My address'}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>-->
            <div class="account_creation dni">
                <h3 class="page-subheading">{l s='Tax identification'}</h3>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="dni" id="dni" value="{if isset($smarty.post.dni)}{$smarty.post.dni}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
        <div class="submit clearfix">
            <input type="hidden" name="email_create" value="1" />
            <input type="hidden" name="is_new_customer" value="1" />
            <button type="submit" name="submitAccount" id="submitAccount" class="btn btn-default button button-medium">
                <span>{l s='Register'}<i class="icon-chevron-right right"></i></span>
            </button>
            <p class="pull-right required"><span><sup>*</sup>{l s='Required field'}</span></p>
        </div>
    </form>
{/if}
{strip}
{if isset($smarty.post.id_state) && $smarty.post.id_state}
    {addJsDef idSelectedState=$smarty.post.id_state|intval}
{else if isset($address->id_state) && $address->id_state}
    {addJsDef idSelectedState=$address->id_state|intval}
{else}
    {addJsDef idSelectedState=false}
{/if}
{if isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $smarty.post.id_country}
    {addJsDef idSelectedCountry=$smarty.post.id_country|intval}
{else if isset($address->id_country) && $address->id_country}
    {addJsDef idSelectedCountry=$address->id_country|intval}
{else}
    {addJsDef idSelectedCountry=false}
{/if}
{if isset($countries)}
    {addJsDef countries=$countries}
{/if}
{if isset($vatnumber_ajax_call) && $vatnumber_ajax_call}
    {addJsDef vatnumber_ajax_call=$vatnumber_ajax_call}
{/if}
{if isset($email_create) && $email_create}
    {addJsDef email_create=$email_create|boolval}
{else}
    {addJsDef email_create=false}
{/if}
{/strip}
Edited by BlueBell (see edit history)

This is what I threw together on the morning.

{*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* DISCLAIMER
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}
{capture name=path}
        <a href="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" rel="nofollow" title="{l s='Authentication'}">{l s='Authentication'}</a>
        <span class="navigation-pipe">{$navigationPipe}</span>{l s='Create your account'}
    {/if}
{/capture}
<h1 class="page-heading">{if !isset($email_create)}{l s='Authentication'}{else}{l s='Create an account'}{/if}</h1>
{if isset($display_guest_checkout)}{assign var='current_step' value='login'}{include file="$tpl_dir./order-steps.tpl"}{/if}
   {if isset($authentification_error)}
            {else}
        {/if}
        <ol>
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}
    <div class="row">
            <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="create-account_form" class="box">
                    <div class="alert alert-danger" id="create_account_error" style="display:none"></div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate account_input form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="email_create" name="email_create" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email_create)}{$smarty.post.email_create|stripslashes}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="submit">
                        <button class="btn btn-default button button-medium exclusive" type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate">
                            <span>
                            </span>
                        </button>
                        <input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="SubmitCreate" value="{l s='Create an account'}" />
                    </div>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
            <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="login_form" class="box">
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <input class="is_required validate account_input form-control" data-validate="isEmail" type="text" id="email" name="email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email)}{$smarty.post.email|stripslashes}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                        <span><input class="is_required validate account_input form-control" type="password" data-validate="isPasswd" id="passwd" name="passwd" value="{if isset($smarty.post.passwd)}{$smarty.post.passwd|stripslashes}{/if}" /></span>
                    </div>
                    <p class="lost_password form-group"><a href="{$link->getPageLink('password')|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" title="{l s='Recover your forgotten password'}" rel="nofollow">{l s='Forgot your password?'}</a></p>
                    <p class="submit">
                        <button type="submit" id="SubmitLogin" name="SubmitLogin" class="button btn btn-default button-medium">
                            <span>
                                {l s='Sign in'}
                            </span>
                        </button>
                    </p>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
    </div>
        <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true, NULL, "back=$back")|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="new_account_form" class="std clearfix">
            <div class="box">
                    <!-- Account -->
                        <input type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="guest_email" name="guest_email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.guest_email)}{$smarty.post.guest_email}{/if}" />
                    </div>
<!--
                    <div class="cleafix gender-line">
                                    <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender{$gender->id}" value="{$gender->id}"{if isset($smarty.post.id_gender) && $smarty.post.id_gender == $gender->id} checked="checked"{/if} />
                                    {$gender->name}
                                </label>
                            </div>
                        {/foreach}
                    </div>
-->
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="firstname" name="firstname" onblur="$('#customer_firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if} " />
                    </div>
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="lastname" name="lastname" onblur="$('#customer_lastname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if} " />
                    </div>
<!--
                   <div class="form-group date-select">
                        <div class="row">
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                                {*
                                    {l s='January'}
                                    {l s='February'}
                                    {l s='March'}
                                    {l s='April'}
                                    {l s='May'}
                                    {l s='June'}
                                    {l s='July'}
                                    {l s='August'}
                                    {l s='September'}
                                    {l s='October'}
                                    {l s='November'}
                                    {l s='December'}
                                *}
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
-->
<!--
                     {if isset($newsletter) && $newsletter}
                        <div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="newsletter">
                            <input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) && $smarty.post.newsletter == '1'}checked="checked"{/if} />
                        </div>
                        <div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="optin">
                            <input type="checkbox" name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) && $smarty.post.optin == '1'}checked="checked"{/if} />
                        </div>
                    {/if}
-->
                            <div class="form-group">
                            </div>
                                <div class="form-group">
                                    <input id="vat-number" type="text" class="form-control" name="vat_number" value="{if isset($smarty.post.vat_number)}{$smarty.post.vat_number}{/if}" />
                                </div>
                            </div>
                                <input type="text" name="dni" id="dni" value="{if isset($smarty.post.dni)}{$smarty.post.dni}{/if}" />
                            </div>-->
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                                        <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($smarty.post.id_country) AND  $smarty.post.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name}</option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                                </select>
                            </div>
                        {/if}
                    {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    {if $dniExist eq false}
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    <div class="{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}required {/if}form-group">
                    </div>
                    <input type="text" name="alias" id="alias" value="{l s='My address'}" />
<!--
                    <div class="checkbox">
                        <input type="checkbox" name="invoice_address" id="invoice_address"{if (isset($smarty.post.invoice_address) && $smarty.post.invoice_address) || (isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.invoice_address)} checked="checked"{/if} autocomplete="off"/>
                    </div>
-->
                    <div id="opc_invoice_address"  class="unvisible">
                        <div class="form-group">
                            <input type="text" class="text form-control" id="company_invoice" name="company_invoice" value="" />
                        </div>
                        <div id="vat_number_block_invoice" class="is_customer_param" style="display:none;">
                            <div class="form-group">
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" id="vat_number_invoice" name="vat_number_invoice" value="" />
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="firstname_invoice" name="firstname_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.firstname_invoice}{$guestInformations.firstname_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="lastname_invoice" name="lastname_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.lastname_invoice}{$guestInformations.lastname_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address1_invoice" id="address1_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.address1_invoice}{$guestInformations.address1_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="address2_invoice" id="address2_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.address2_invoice}{$guestInformations.address2_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        {$postCodeExist = true}
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode_invoice" id="postcode_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.postcode_invoice}{$guestInformations.postcode_invoice}{/if}" onkeyup="$('#postcode_invoice').val($('#postcode_invoice').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="city_invoice" id="city_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.city_invoice}{$guestInformations.city_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                                <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($guestInformations) AND $guestInformations.id_country_invoice == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($guestInformations) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {$stateExist = true}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                        {/foreach}
                        {if !$postCodeExist}
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="postcode_invoice" id="postcode_invoice" value="" onkeyup="$('#postcode').val($('#postcode').val().toUpperCase());" />
                        </div>
                        {/if}                    
                        {if !$stateExist}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                            <textarea class="form-control" name="other_invoice" id="other_invoice" cols="26" rows="3"></textarea>
                        </div>
<!--
                            <p class="inline-infos required is_customer_param">{l s='You must register at least one phone number.'}</p>
                        {/if}                    
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_invoice" id="phone_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.phone_invoice}{$guestInformations.phone_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                            <label for="phone_mobile_invoice">{l s='Mobile phone'}{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least} <sup>*</sup>{/if}</label>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone_mobile_invoice" id="phone_mobile_invoice" value="{if isset($guestInformations) && $guestInformations.phone_mobile_invoice}{$guestInformations.phone_mobile_invoice}{/if}" />
                        </div>
                        <input type="hidden" name="alias_invoice" id="alias_invoice" value="{l s='My Invoice address'}" />
                    </div>
-->
                    <!-- END Account -->
                </div>
            </div>
                <button type="submit" class="button btn btn-default button-medium" name="submitGuestAccount" id="submitGuestAccount">
                    <span>
                    </span>
                </button>
            </p>
        </form>
    {/if}
{else}
    if isset($account_error)}
    <div class="error">
            {else}
        {/if}
        <ol>
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}
    <form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" method="post" id="account-creation_form" class="std box">
                <br />
                            <input type="radio" name="id_gender" id="id_gender{$gender->id}" value="{$gender->id}" {if isset($smarty.post.id_gender) && $smarty.post.id_gender == $gender->id}checked="checked"{/if} />
                        {$gender->name}
                        </label>
                    </div>
                {/foreach}
            </div>-->
<!--                 <label for="customer_firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label> -->
                <input onkeyup="$('#firstname').val(this.value);" type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_firstname)}{$smarty.post.customer_firstname}{/if} " />
            </div>
<!--                 <label for="customer_lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label> -->
                <input onkeyup="$('#lastname').val(this.value);" type="hidden" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_lastname)}{$smarty.post.customer_lastname}{/if} " />
            </div>
                <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="email" name="email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email)}{$smarty.post.email}{/if}" />
            </div>
                <input type="password" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isPasswd" name="passwd" id="passwd" />
            </div>
<!--
            <div class="form-group">
                <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                        {*
                            {l s='January'}
                            {l s='February'}
                            {l s='March'}
                            {l s='April'}
                            {l s='May'}
                            {l s='June'}
                            {l s='July'}
                            {l s='August'}
                            {l s='September'}
                            {l s='October'}
                            {l s='November'}
                            {l s='December'}
                        *}
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
-->
<!--
            {if $newsletter}
                <div class="checkbox">
                   <input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) AND $smarty.post.newsletter == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
                </div>
                <div class="checkbox">
                    <input type="checkbox"name="optin" id="optin" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.optin) AND $smarty.post.optin == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
                </div>
            {/if}
-->
        </div>
        {if $b2b_enable}
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="siret" name="siret" value="{if isset($smarty.post.siret)}{$smarty.post.siret}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="ape" name="ape" value="{if isset($smarty.post.ape)}{$smarty.post.ape}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" id="website" name="website" value="{if isset($smarty.post.website)}{$smarty.post.website}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
                        {if !$b2b_enable}
                            <p class="form-group">
                            </p>
                        {/if}
                            <p class="form-group">
                                <input type="text" class="form-control" name="vat_number" value="{if isset($smarty.post.vat_number)}{$smarty.post.vat_number}{/if}" />
                            </p>
                        </div>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="firstname" name="firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                        </p>
                            <input type="text" class="form-control" id="lastname" name="lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                        </p>
                            <span class="inline-infos">{l s='Street address, P.O. Box, Company name, etc.'}</span>
                        </p>
                            <span class="inline-infos">{l s='Apartment, suite, unit, building, floor, etc...'}</span>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                                <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($smarty.post.id_country) AND $smarty.post.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name}</option>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </p>
                            </select>
                        </p>
                    {/if}
                {/foreach}
                    </p>
                {/if}        
                        </select>
                    </p>
                {/if}
                    <textarea class="form-control" name="other" id="other" cols="26" rows="3">{if isset($smarty.post.other)}{$smarty.post.other}{/if}</textarea>
                </p>
<!--
                    <p class="inline-infos">{l s='You must register at least one phone number.'}</p>
                {/if}
                <p class="form-group">
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="phone" id="phone" value="{if isset($smarty.post.phone)}{$smarty.post.phone}{/if}" />
                </p>
                <p class="{if isset($one_phone_at_least) && $one_phone_at_least}required {/if}form-group">
                </p>
                <p class="required form-group" id="address_alias">
                    <label for="alias">{l s='Assign an address alias for future reference.'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="alias" id="alias" value="{if isset($smarty.post.alias)}{$smarty.post.alias}{else}{l s='My address'}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>
-->
                    <input type="text" class="form-control" name="dni" id="dni" value="{if isset($smarty.post.dni)}{$smarty.post.dni}{/if}" />
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
            <button type="submit" name="submitAccount" id="submitAccount" class="btn btn-default button button-medium">
            </button>
            <p class="pull-right required"><span><sup>*</sup>{l s='Required field'}</span></p>
        </div>
    </form>
{/if}
{strip}
{else}
{/if}
{else}
{/if}
{if isset($countries)}
{/if}
{/if}
{else}
{/if}
{/strip}

It should display as you want it.

And secondly a customer does not need to enter firstname twice. If you do, something is broken. This and PrestaShop's default one, copies the information from first firstname post, to the second one.

My goodness, I spent 5 hours today trying to remove the phone numbers from the registration form. I'm lost - nothing works! I tried to follow the instructions here and on other sites I googled, but none worked. I tried all sort of combinations, even went to address.tpl file but nothing worked.

It worked a few days ago and I was able to remove these fields, but I had to reinstall the entire software and lost 200 hours worth of my work. :( So back to square one with all the settings. I'm giving it a last try before killing myself!!!

The website is located here: http://postcardfair.com

Below is the code from the authentication.tpl folder in my theme. Please someone take a look at it and help me remove these two phone number fields. Just two fields and I'll live with the rest.

{*
* 2007-2014 PrestaShop
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* DISCLAIMER
*  @author PrestaShop SA <[email protected]>
*  @copyright  2007-2014 PrestaShop SA
*  @license    http://opensource.org/licenses/afl-3.0.php  Academic Free License (AFL 3.0)
*  International Registered Trademark & Property of PrestaShop SA
*}
{capture name=path}
    {/if}
{/capture}
    <!--{if isset($authentification_error)}
            {else}
        {/if}
        <ol>
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}-->
    <div class="row">
                    <div class="form-group">
                    </div>
                    <div class="submit">
                            <span>
                            </span>
                        </button>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                    </div>
                    <div class="form-group">
                    </div>
                    <p class="submit">
                            <span>
                                {l s='Sign in'}
                            </span>
                        </button>
                    </p>
                </div>
            </form>
        </div>
    </div>
            <div class="box">
                    <!-- Account -->
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isEmail" id="guest_email" name="guest_email" value="{if isset($smarty.post.guest_email)}{$smarty.post.guest_email}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <!--<div class="cleafix gender-line">
                                    {$gender->name}
                                </label>
                            </div>
                        {/foreach}
                    </div>-->
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="firstname" name="firstname" onblur="$('#customer_firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                        <input type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="lastname" name="lastname" onblur="$('#customer_lastname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                        <input type="hidden" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.lastname)}{$smarty.post.lastname}{/if}" />
                    </div>
                    <!--<div class="form-group date-select">
                        <div class="row">
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                                {*
                                    {l s='January'}
                                    {l s='February'}
                                    {l s='March'}
                                    {l s='April'}
                                    {l s='May'}
                                    {l s='June'}
                                    {l s='July'}
                                    {l s='August'}
                                    {l s='September'}
                                    {l s='October'}
                                    {l s='November'}
                                    {l s='December'}
                                *}
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                            <div class="col-xs-4">
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>-->
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    {if isset($newsletter) && $newsletter}
                         <!--<div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="newsletter">
                        </div>
                        <div class="checkbox">
                            <label for="optin">
                        </div>-->
                    {/if}
                            <div class="form-group">
                            </div>
                                <div class="form-group">
                                </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div>
                                        <option value="{$v.id_country}"{if (isset($smarty.post.id_country) AND  $smarty.post.id_country == $v.id_country) OR (!isset($smarty.post.id_country) && $sl_country == $v.id_country)} selected="selected"{/if}>{$v.name}</option>
                                    {/foreach}
                                </select>
                            </div>
                                </select>
                            </div>
                        {/if}
                    {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    {if $dniExist eq false}
                        </div>
                    {/if}
                    </div>
                    <input type="hidden" name="alias" id="alias" value="{l s='My address'}" />
                    <div class="checkbox">
                    </div>
                    <div id="opc_invoice_address"  class="unvisible">
                        <div class="form-group">
                        </div>
                            <div class="form-group">
                            </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div>
                        {$postCodeExist = true}
                        </div>
                        </div>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {$stateExist = true}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                        {/foreach}
                        {if !$postCodeExist}
                        </div>
                        {/if}                    
                        {if !$stateExist}
                            </select>
                        </div>
                        {/if}
                        </div>
                            <p class="inline-infos required is_customer_param">{l s='You must register at least one phone number.'}</p>
                        {/if}                    
                        </div>
                        </div>
                    </div>
                    <!-- END Account -->
                </div>
            </div>
                    <span>
                    </span>
                </button>
            </p>
        </form>
    {/if}
{else}
    <!--{if isset($account_error)}
    <div class="error">
            {else}
        {/if}
        <ol>
                <li>{$v}</li>
            {/foreach}
        </ol>
    </div>
    {/if}-->

<br />
                        {$gender->name}
                        </label>
                    </div>
                {/foreach}
            </div>-->
                <label for="customer_firstname">{l s='First name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input onkeyup="$('#firstname').val(this.value);" type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_firstname" name="customer_firstname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_firstname)}{$smarty.post.customer_firstname}{/if}" />
            </div>
                <label for="customer_lastname">{l s='Last name'} <sup>*</sup></label>
                <input onkeyup="$('#lastname').val(this.value);" type="text" class="is_required validate form-control" data-validate="isName" id="customer_lastname" name="customer_lastname" value="{if isset($smarty.post.customer_lastname)}{$smarty.post.customer_lastname}{/if}" />
            </div>
            </div>
            </div>
                 <div class="row">
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                        {*
                            {l s='January'}
                            {l s='February'}
                            {l s='March'}
                            {l s='April'}
                            {l s='May'}
                            {l s='June'}
                            {l s='July'}
                            {l s='August'}
                            {l s='September'}
                            {l s='October'}
                            {l s='November'}
                            {l s='December'}
                        *}
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>
                    <div class="col-xs-4">
                            {/foreach}
                        </select>
                    </div>-->
                </div>
            </div>
            {if $newsletter}
             <!--    <div class="checkbox">
                    <input type="checkbox" name="newsletter" id="newsletter" value="1" {if isset($smarty.post.newsletter) AND $smarty.post.newsletter == 1} checked="checked"{/if} />
                </div>
                <div class="checkbox">
                </div>-->
            {/if}
        </div>
        {if $b2b_enable}
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
                        {if !$b2b_enable}
                            <p class="form-group">
                            </p>
                        {/if}
                            <p class="form-group">
                            </p>
                        </div>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                        </p>
                                {/foreach}
                            </select>
                        </p>
                            </select>
                        </p>
                    {/if}
                {/foreach}
                    </p>
                {/if}        
                        </select>
                    </p>
                {/if}
                </p>
                {/if}
                <p class="form-group">
                </p>
                </p>
                <p class="required form-group" id="address_alias">
                </p>
            </div>
                </p>
            </div>
        {/if}
            </button>
        </div>
    </form>
{/if}
{strip}
{else}
{/if}
{else}
{/if}
{if isset($countries)}
{/if}
{/if}
{else}
{/if}
{/strip}

Paul, they're not required fields, but I know how people are - they freak out that someone want too much information somewhere on the internet. In America companies sell their customers contact info to other companies, and people get unsolicited phonecalls that are annoying. Also, not every customer is going to pay attention to which field is required or not, today they seem to have a short concentration span and only scan words here and there. My shop isn't going to be for those who are gurus with computers, they're just collectors, and many are older too. So, I have to keep that in mind and make the site as simple as I can to not scare people away. That's why I want to eliminate all unnecessary fields, just makes life easier for everyone!

• 3 weeks later...