Problems after the update of theme configurator module

I've posted this problem on forge.prestashop.com, but the post was closed with the motivation "cannot reproduce". Now I post an extract hoping that this problem can be solvable.
If you see the phase four, I tried to come back to the 0.8 version, but I'm not able to do it.

I try to explain step by step what happened.

• Phase one: Module (v 0.8) work correctly, but I see that an update is available. I proceed with the update. Now I have version 1.1.0
  • Phase two: With the new version I try to upload some new banners, but (in Firefox) nothing happen: remains the default image. I try to change the name of image, delete Firefox cache and Prestashop cache. The problem still remain. Then I try with Chrome, but now the personalised images already uploaded are disappeared and in in their place there is an image with a question mark.
  • Phase three: I try to reset the module. Nothing happen. I try to unistall the module, but the module remain installed. Then I delete the module and now I can reinstall it, but if I try, an error message appear on the top: "themeconfigurator module that you have been uploaded is not a valid module".
  • Phase four: I upload manually, in the modules folder, the old folder themeconfigurator. Now the module have come back to the 0.8 version, now I see the old personalised banners, but the problem described in phase two still remain.
  • Phase five: I try to update again the module, but nothing happen: I'm again in the phase two.

• 2 weeks later...

I find myself in a similar situation, Fabrizio.

My problem is that after updating the theme configurator module, all modules are non responding to changes selected on modules list "configure" menu! So that I cannot longer set modules "not available for tables or phones", I cannot remove them.

I assume the updating action was the culprit, but I cannot be sure because some minutes earlier, and due to bad translation to Spanish I revert HomeSlider config to an initial state (option says "quitar filtro"= remove filter) so that I have lost all the images that were time consuming on Photoshop...

Now I cannot longer get nothing changed or tested. 

Could anyone help us, please?

I edit the message to update: after manually returning to Theme configurator v 0.8. in a 1.6.0.6 Prestashop, module gives me the message: you don't have permission to edit configuration. I have manually changed permissions on folders (to 755) and to 644 on files. I have force compilation selected and removed chached files.

Edited by nutxlago (see edit history)