V 1.6 How to simplify checkout process ?

Hello,

I am selling virtual products (sending products (pdf doc) through e-mail). I do not wish customers to register with their address, phone number, etc which are not relevant. I just need their email address, name, and other details which I already have customized on product page (Customization). So I don't want customers to provide the same information while order/check out process. Is there any possibility that customers can choose directly to go to the payment section while checking out ?

Thanks,

Fred

Hi,

what I'd suggest is the following:

Disable the customization for ppl to enter their email address.

Enable ordering without registration

Edit the Authentification TPL and PHP file as well as address.tpl and AddressController.php. Hide everything except for the email and make everything unnecessary.

Also, in the BackOffice, in Countries - you can disable all fields in the Countries address option.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I don't know how to Disable the customization for ppl to enter their email address

I have enabled guest check out  Preferences--> Orders

Where can I find Enable ordering without registration ?

I don't have the knowledge to edit PHP, TPL.

I have enabled all countries (Localization--> Countries). Is there any easy way to remove all addresses under each country option ?

Fred

Edited by fpaul (see edit history)

Hi Fred,

you wrote this:

"I just need their email address, name, and other details which I already have customized on product page (Customization)."

So I suppose that getting rid of customization would mean to delete all the customizations from the products. 

Guest checkout = Orders without registration, so this one is done.

However, if you really want to have it pitch-perfect, only editing the core TPL/PHP will enable your customers to fill in only the email address and nothing else.

If you modify the TPL/PHP files, you won't need to have all countries allowed, as the country of the customer won't show up in the order process.

• Like 1