Your Account link gets me to the login page

Hi all,

A first timer here.

I was asked to complete the deployment of a Prestashop website which someone else started a while ago. I don't have much experience with this platform and I quickly run into an issue. It would be fantastic if I could get some directions as to how to fix it.

The version used is 1.5.3.1.

Here's what is happening.

1. A user creates an account.

2. The use goes to Your Account page.

3. As they are not logged in, they get redirected to the login page.

4. The user attempts to sign in. If they provide wrong login credentials they get a relevant error message. If they provide correct login credentials, they remain in the login page without being redirected to the Your Account page. No message appears.

5. If the user assumes that in step 4 they signed in successfully (based on the fact that there was no error message) and click the Your Account again, they always get redirected to the login page.

6. If the user assumes that in Step 4 they didn't sign in successfully and try again with correct login credentials, they always get back to the login page and there's no indication that they managed to sign in.

In other words, there doesn't seem to be a way for the user to sign in and/or to access their own account page.

Once again, any directions, help or hints would be highly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Nasko.