Moving Home hook in default template

Hi there

Not sure if I'm on the right section but here's my question:

I'm on Prestashop 1.6. I'm using the default template.

I would like to "move" some of the banners of the Hook "Home", in the Theme Configurator module, to the top of the homepage and keep the others where they already are. Please see screenshot

hmd7o.jpg

I thought I'd find a "module" than I could transplant to a "hook" or simply drag&drop elements in the Live Editor. 

It seems that it doesn"t work like this.

Should I develop a new hook in the default template to achieve this? Or is there any way to move those banners somewhere else

Thanks 

Hi,

I think that simply creating new functions in the .php files of given modules should help you solve that problem. Just add those two functions in the homeslider module and you will be able to hook Homeslider in the top of the pages, where the banner is.

public function hookDisplayBanner($params)
{
   return $this->hookDisplayHome($params);
}

Thanks for the help but I don't want to put the Homeslider where the banner is.

I wanted to put banners below the Homeslider.

I went for a quick fix (edited /themes/default-bootstrap/header.tpl) as I don't have time to develop a new hook atm.

Hi,

the only solution is to create new functions/hooks in the modules that you want to move to the top of the page. Moving the hook in header.tpl simply moves all the modules that are in that hook, which might mess things up, however it's good that it has worked for you. Can you mark this thread as solved then?

Hi all could you kindly give me some help as I want to add a flash banner, but the hook wouldn't work and keep getting the "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook", which getting annoying at the moment and can't move forward with it. Here is the link:http://www.sweettreatstime.com/shop/ . As you can see the flash banner there, but I can't seem to move it to the top column where the image slider was.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards 

• 1 year later...