TinyMCE and different Prestashop versions

Forgive my ignorance but I am trying to determine if I have to go through the whole process of upgrading from V1.2.4 to V1.2.5 in order to have access to TinyMCE editing capabilities - as part of trying to add a custom product description.

I am trying to follow this posted solution to add media playing capabilities to my product descriptions, but do not seem to have the icons or the editing facility... This is waht I am trying to do

"SOLUTION I used the TinyMCE editor to embed the media, it worked perfectly. I clicked on the “Insert / edit embedded media” button (film icon), enter URL of the mp3 file, then I selected the Quicktime type, entered the dimensions of the player (I used 100 × 20). I then went to the Advanced tab and unchecked “Auto start” and “Show menu”, then clicked Insert. You should simply be able to upload all your media to a directory and link to it within each product description. In my case I entered into the short description panel for aesthetic reasons.
I hope that answers how you do a player prestashop. So forget about the flash player and use either quicktime or windows media embedded file instead. I prefer quicktime because it’s more universal".

Any confirmation or otherwise appreciate as I really don't want to update just yet unless I really have to.

Thanks