Hello,

I just wonder how to create a new page with the same page layout as home page.

I have tried some guides to do it with the controllers and adding new .php file but nothing seems working.

I lose tried through CMS Block module and through CMS categories in Preferences.

The actual page is created but i cannot see it myself or link it to the home page as well..

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Ed

Hi, 

do you want this new page to have the same exact layout in terms of - once you change something on homepage this page changes as well? Or do you want to have the same layout - so that you can edit the content through a TPL file?

The exact page as in home page. So if I am updating homepage the new page updates automatically himself as well.

Ok,

if you don'ť want to use any money and want to have it as quickly as possible, how about creating a HTML page, where you input an Iframe of your page? It's easier and faster than creating new class with new functions to achieve the same thing..

Ok,

if you don'ť want to use any money and want to have it as quickly as possible, how about creating a HTML page, where you input an Iframe of your page? It's easier and faster than creating new class with new functions to achieve the same thing..

This sounds good as HTML is more familiar to me. How can I do that though ?

Yes, that is exactly right...

You said this "The exact page as in home page. So if I am updating homepage the new page updates automatically himself as well."

If you want to have custom content there, that's a whole other story..

Ok i made a mistake. So how do I add a page ?

Well, now it's getting a bit more complicated :-)

Can you first post a link to your Site? So I can see what layout you have. The best way would be to create a new .php file in the ROOT, then followed by new Controller and new .TPL file in your Theme. Are you able to do this? Or do you need help with that? I might soon make a tutorial just on that...

• Like 1

Well, now it's getting a bit more complicated :-)

Can you first post a link to your Site? So I can see what layout you have. The best way would be to create a new .php file in the ROOT, then followed by new Controller and new .TPL file in your Theme. Are you able to do this? Or do you need help with that? I might soon make a tutorial just on that...

Well I am a bit confused about it but making the tutorial about it I think would help me to learn new things as well as others can fallow the tutorial as well.

Link: www.buyhealthytea.co.uk

Thanks for trying to resolve my issue :)

Edited by klasiokas (see edit history)