Translations - mod_security

Hello,

in my BO (v1.6.0.6) disappeared the option to switch on/off Apache mod_security, before it was located in preferences>SEO&URLs, but now there is only option of Friendly URLs, but I am also not able to switch on Friendly URLs and I cannot find solution, there is always bug - (Before you can use this tool, you need to:Create a blank .htaccess file in your root directory.Give it write permissions (CHMOD 666 on Unix system).. I tried to modify .htaccess file, but always resulting errorr, so always gave it back. I am afraid to do something with files I am not sure (.htaccess), I dont want to destroy it all.

I tried to change translations in my language (Slovak), but always 404 error because of apache mod_security, before there was a buton, but now disappeared.

any help please? thanks a lot

Michal

I created blank file .htaccess and something works - there are buttons to disable apache mod_security, but even it is disabled, I see warning when try to edit translation of my language:

Apache mod_security is activated on your server. This could result in some Bad Request errors