TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save adresses

I am getting this error on Prestashop 1.5.6.2.

This is happening on checkout. I have made a user with 2 different address's. One is a Canada address, one USA. I have set shipping costs different for both. When I choose a different address from the drop down list (doesn't matter if "use delivery address as the billing address" is checked). The error comes up.

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save adresses

Details:
Error thrown: [object Object]
Text status: parsererror

At this point nothing on the page changes if I click "ok". If I refresh the page, the shipping price will change to reflect the new address chosen. The error only comes up again if I change the address from the drop down box.

One of the fixes from another post (The fix is changing line 347 (for PS 1.4.4) in classes/FrontController.php:) does not apply to me because my line in FrontController.php is completely different; probably because my version of Prestashop is newer.

Friendly and Accented URL's are disabled as well as "Automatically redirect to the canonical URL".

One solution above was to quote out the part In the file \themes\yourtheme\js\order-address.js, in the last lines (around 119), I quoted the next line:

//error: function(XMLHttpRequest, textStatus, errorThrown) {alert("TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save adresses \n\nDetails:\nError thrown: " + XMLHttpRequest + "\n" + 'Text status: ' + textStatus);}

This solution did not work for me for some reason. I quoted out that line along with some other lines that I thought were related (Dreamweaver said so by showing a "red" mark) and I still got the error! If someone could show me every line to quote out I would appreciate it. Also, I wonder if I quote out the correct lines and do not get the error, will the shipping price update.

I did have a friend who knows PHP take a quick look at this issue and he couldn't fix it but made the below comments:

"the server side response sends gzipped data but does not tell the client side that the data is gzipped, so it tries to act on it as though it is plain text. Not sure if that is due to an apache setting, or where that disconnect is. Those particular requests are not setting the content-encoding properly, or it may be down to values in the .htaccess file... I tried some changes there, and some in the php but was unable to get any better results."

If anybody out there has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!post-463367-0-71016700-1401129002_thumb.jpgpost-463367-0-71273000-1401129010_thumb.jpgpost-463367-0-11878000-1401129022_thumb.jpgpost-463367-0-74549800-1401129035_thumb.jpgpost-463367-0-57952800-1401129040_thumb.jpg

Edited by pureherbal (see edit history)

Hi Cotoko,

I've attached some pictures to the original post. The store is currently in "maintenance mode". I have tried in and out of maintenance mode with the same result. I can add your ip to the list so that you can view the site if you PM me.