France - Laws

chti59

Hi

Europe is getting into a big change into packaging regulation, if you are used to buy a standart pack of rice of 1 kg it could be today that you buy the same pack, same brand, same size but with only 900 grams of rice in it.

Only pasta will still fall under special regulation with standart packaging until october 12 2012, wine will also continue with regulated volumes.

So to protect customers, the french state changed the regulation and ask to add also the price by kilos or liters at a visible place and not in small caracters. This regulation applies to standart shop, e-commerce shop etc....

Prestashop should include this option as people that controls if regulation is applied, (called DGCCRF), are realy looking into e-commerce right now. And this could lead in penalties to it's owner.

Here is an example how it should appear on the website.

Weight - Price - Price per Kilo or liter

1 kg = 1.50 = 1.50 le kg
2 kg = 2.80 = 1.40 le kg
5 kg = 6.50 = 1.30 le kg
10 kg = 11.20 = 1.20 le kg
25 kg = 27.50 = 1.10 le kg

As you can see the customer can see what is the best price for him and will also able to compare to the other brands or website.

One more thing, this will also boost sales, as people when they see the difference between 1kg and 10kg could say : hey it's a dry product why buy every week or every month at the store a one kg pack that has a 12 or 24 month lasting.

Of course the best thing would be a module that you activate if needed

• 2 weeks later...

Bonjour,

voici ma participation au futur calcul des taxes depuis la France :

- Particuliers et pros achètent TTC en France

- Pros en Union Européenne payent HT s’ils possèdent un numéro de TVA intracommunautaire

- Particuliers achètent TTC en Union Européenne

- Tout le reste HT

Samuel

Bonjour,

voici ma participation au futur calcul des taxes depuis la France :

- Particuliers et pros achètent TTC en France

- Pros en Union Européenne payent HT s’ils possèdent un numéro de TVA intracommunautaire

- Particuliers achètent TTC en Union Européenne

- Tout le reste HT

Samuel

Hi chateau.fr!

As clearly indicated, only english contributions will be taken into account.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

@Jean-Bruno

Not that I know of, I do not know how it works and if there is a roadmap for that kind of stuff.

I am also waiting for this, as this is a French regulation and we can get problems with this. May be contacting the guy that takes care of this section, I know who it is but I tried once to send a PM to a team member and did not get an answer.

I understand that they must be pretty busy but aren't we all ???

I am shure he will read this post as he is taking care of this section of the forum, so if he reads it.

Could you please let us know if this has been taking in account or if it is rated as number 199526 after all the other important stuff.

At least we know if we have to try to solve this by developping a module ourselves, even if we are not programmers ;-)

I wish you all a merry christmass and a happy new year

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delay but I was in vacations (!?! PrestaShop guys take some breaks ?!) :P

Yes we pay a particular attention to those internationalization issues and have definitly them on our main roadmap.
Unfortunately, there is so much things to plan to do in i18n that we cannot provide you yet a complete roadmap of features, implementations...

Just be aware that we are now on the stage of :
1. get as much i18n issues as possible (see the map shown on our newsletter)
2. clarify them a maximum (have a look on my questions on those topics)
3. summarise them in order to get a global view of the different issues (next step)
4. set a roadmap
5. implent fixes/improvements

Hope to have clarified things.

• 11 months later...

As I -badly- posted previously in a "french" topic,
here is a french particularity. (sorry for this "googled translation")

Discount prices are strictly regulated:
We can not show a reduction (with a reference price crossed out) without observing the following rules:
- The price should be crossed out the lowest price offered in the last 30 days.
- It must also be equal to or less than the price "generally observed" in competition
- Finally, a discount price can not exceed 30 days.

For these reasons, very restrictive, the French community in fact has the right to promotion in only a few products.

Where two proposals for future versions:
- The minimalist, offering to show or not barred prices
- The most complete, offering a list of products prices crossed out and another "cool prizes", just made to attract the visitor's eye.

Law Text :
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=JORFTEXT000020080467

• 3 months later...
Hi

Weight - Price - Price per Kilo or liter

1 kg = 1.50 = 1.50 le kg
2 kg = 2.80 = 1.40 le kg
5 kg = 6.50 = 1.30 le kg
10 kg = 11.20 = 1.20 le kg
25 kg = 27.50 = 1.10 le kg

Hi,

is it me, or does this functionnality still suffer from display bugs ? I use PrestaShop™ 1.4.0.17 and my products with quantity declinaisons do not display the right unitary price .

• 5 months later...

So i guess we can't identify the customers when they just come in the website before they register,

How can we choose to display the price including taxes or not before having them registered ?

Is there any modules that do that from the IP address for example ? Geo IP ? Or can we add a layout at the fist connection that ask them to select their country ? So we cqn customiwe the taxes and the currency ?

Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...