Show price with tax for visitor & Guest in store side

We have setup tax rule with multiple states and the price in store front displays w/o tax and when customer logins, it shows price with tax based on their state and country which is correct.

We want the visitors & guest also to see the prices with tax before login. As we sell within our country only, We need help in customising the theme to display prices with tax for visitors & guest.

If any previous answer / link to similar query, please let me know.

To eloborate further, we have set up two tax rates

VAT A - 10%

VAT B - 10%

We setup VAT A for home state and VAT B for rest of states in tax rule so we get tax summary report for home state and rest of states to file VAT returns.

When we set same tax rate for all states within a country, the visitors and guest can see prices with tax. Now when we set up different tax rates for the states, customers can see prices with tax only when they login based on the state selection in their address.

Did see few links in the forum but those are solved as they dont have tax rule for different states but for a country. 

How do we get the visitors and guest to see prices with taxes in the above scenario.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Did you solved this? I'm facing the same problem.

Same country, two diferent tax rates.

Could you define a tax rate for visitors before login?

Hi Ana,

I'm sure there must be an easier option, but the only way I managed to get it to work for all customer groups is to literally set up 4 specific price rules for each product:

2woc37c.png

The first two rules show a fixed price including tax for both overseas customers and local visitors that haven't signed in yet. Once users are using the guest checkout and have set their location to NZ or have set up a customer account with the location NZ, they will be charged tax, so we have to create a separate rule with "leave base price", otherwise they would be charged tax twice.

Again, it's not an ideal solution and a lot of data entry to start with, but that seemed to be the only solution that worked for me.

Any questions, please let me know.