Customers getting through checkout without paying shipping

Hi,

we have a problem where some customers seem to be getting through the checkout without selecting or paying for shipping. I think the problem is somehow linked to the PayPal module and in particular PayPal Express.

We have two payment modules on our shop and it only seems to happen on orders through the PayPal one.

Another strange thing is that it looks like the addresses for these customers have been saved from PayPal because they start with Paypal_Address.

It's almost as if these customers are bypassing the website's checkout, going straight to PayPal, entering their details and paying. Then the address they entered into PayPal is automatically being saved back into the website using the name address name 'Paypal_Address'.

How is it that these customers are able to skip entering their address into PrestaShop and therfore paying shipping fees?

I've tried to replicate this myself but can't. Every time I go through the checkout I am forced to enter an address into PrestaShop which then adds shipping to the order. I can't figure out how to skip from the first step of the checkout straight to PayPal.

Has anyone had anything similar happen or have any ideas of what might be causing this?

Thank you!

Edited by jamiedevine (see edit history)