Importing CSV infinite 504 Error Crisis

Hi everyone..

the scenario is this:

We try to upload a 28000 csv product file , like 1.8MB splited in 10 files and we always get 504 error

I think this is a common error to a very bad Server Configuration o Prestashop Config

We use a NGINX+PHP5.5

Every damn Timeout conf was increased to 300

NGINX   fastcgi_read_timeout 300;

and all PHP + PHP-FPM timeouts a Buffer configuration were extended near the sky 

our Server have 16GB RAM and a massive amount o SSD HardDrive....

it is odd 'cos in the same server we have a WORDPRESS bigger than our prestashop product DB and this doesn't happen in WP.

Can anyone give a hand to detect where is the problem...

thanks u
Edited by LockeAG (see edit history)

@COTOKO you said something intersiting AJAX: Is there any plugin that make this possible???

and about cron jobs... , you mean make my own query to process this directly in the db??

but could you please guide me in which table to alter....

thanks

@LockeAG yes there are few modules/services but bever found them very usefull: we prepare the CSV in Excel and I found Excel formulas very flexible and easy to change mass data.

If you have uploaded 10 products with no errors, then the CSV file is correct: that was the main task for me!!

If you can not upload many products, then it is probably a configuration problem on the server side. I know you can make changes in the php.ini file (or something similar) but I can not help about that.

We found a cheap shared host in the UK that lets me import 700-800 products at once (say 70-80% of 1Mb) with no changes in the config. Good price and good service!!

Navid