Database backup problem

Drew

Hi guys IM trying to back up my database with PHPmyadmin I have followed two tutorials one on prestawiki the other on sitegrounds tutorials section both end up with the same result.

When I click "go"(to download my zip file after entering the settings suggested on each tutorial) I don't get a download box I get a white screen with the side bar still there I wait a while but nothing happens

dose any one have any advice or know a better way of backing up my prestashop please let me know :)

thanks in advance

-Drew

Thank you for the quick reply

Nancy - please excuse my ignorance but how do I make a backup with mysqladmin and what would it back up?

ysco - thank you I used the wizard for a full backup and received a zip file of 86 meg which seems about right for my website, how ever would you be able to tell me how to restore a website from this back up?

Thanks for the help both of you :)

Hello Drew.

The backup that you made is that a FULL backup or a home directory backup ?

A full backup is used when you want to transfer your whole site to a other hosting service ( this full backup can not be restored by the wizard in cPanel )

A Home directory backup can be restored true the cPanel with the wizard , choose wizard/restore/then home directory and you can restore your backups ( NOTE !! the home directory does not contains the database )

With the wizard you can also backup your MySQL database and restore it also with the wizard.

It is advised to make regular database backups.

Best regards,

ysco..

13799_EIQYpDL4m0l6EuKyuIVJ_t

13800_RQcbmRd3XWMKYpizD7QK_t

13801_l32pa2vYPFFS8LOKkgdU_t

Hello Drew.

I only have one website on the host so i can not tell you how it works with the Home directory backups when you have more then one website.
But if you have more then 1 database then you can choose the database that you would like to backup or restore, if you choose MySQL database backup then you will get a new screen where you can select the database you want to backup.

ysco..

• 3 years later...

Hello Ysco,

I made exactly what you said, backup of the home directory, then restore of home directory, but when i start to restore there opens a white page like starting to works but nothing happens, I waited more than 15 minutes, why doesn't work? Or there needs more time?

P.S. I got that file on ZIP format and also sent the same way to restore it, is that ok or i need to open it? well, I think not, but I try to understand why doesn't work.