Product Import causing 500 error

Hi,

I know that similar posts have been made to this but I can't find one with the same cause so here goes...

I am trying to run the product import using a file containing approx. 3000 products. After around a minute an error is being returned to my browser (Chrome) as follows;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.ciberdirect.com Port 80

I originally thought that it was a timeout error due to the fact that we are using a shared server (hosted by Hostgator) but having talked to a technical support person at Hostgator again, he has said that it's due to the fact that my folder/file permissions were not set to 755/644 respectively.

I've changed the permissions as he specified but I'm still getting the same error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Gareth

Thanks for the reply,

I have checked the server logs and there are no errors in it. I've spoken to Hostgator and they've said that it's due to the fact that i'm on a shared server and there is a processor load threshold on it. Apparently I need to move to a dedicated server... :(

• 1 month later...

Hi
I am having the same error and I'm also with Hostgator but on a private ip, and I'm only doing 100 products at a time
This was the error message hostgator support fed back to me.

Premature end of script headers: index.php, referer: http://www.magickshop.co.uk/adminxxxx/index.php?tab=AdminImport&token=e0c7a4fde6e0261e73a165c4bb60c236

The "Premature end of script headers" will usually come when you have a software error in your php file.

How do I fix this please.

Paul

P.S This is from my error log
Dec 16 09:20:01 2009] [error] [client 85.12.64.148] File does not exist: /home/magick/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.magickshop.co.uk/adminxxxx/index.php?tab=AdminImport&token=e0c7a4fde6e0261e73a165c4bb60c236

Hi I have the same problem, but I have my own server, and is running the 1.2.4.
I have tried to split my files up, so that I only have 90 items in each file.,
I just get the 500 error page, everytime.

Theres no errors in the log.

The funny thing of it all,....the imtems Import, is now in the store....but only some of them, not all of the 100 items.

Can anyone help us with this problem?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Mobimob