[problem] Detailed description content lost :O

Salus

Hi, everyone, I (again) need some help.

I noticed today that one of my product  category has LOST all its product descriptions, in every aviable language. It is the work I`ve done last week, and since then I`ve uploaded 3 more full categories without any problems, but this one simply vanquished.

We`re talking about 32 records, from which some are set inactive, all in the same subcategory. It was 2 days work. I still have all the images, all the associations, the tags, all the prices, everything, only the short description and MORE INFO tab went back to default state as I uploaded from csv. Not null, but default state, which means name,(What I do is upload the products with csv, give them ID, reference, name, copy the name into short desc, long desc in cvs, then after upload I edit the short description and more details [long description] manually.)

before you ask: I`ve checked, and there is nothing on any language I use, which is 3 of them. I checked the database, the ps_product_lang table with myphpadmin, and there is no trace that the info was ever there. But it was, I wrote them myself last week.

I did no change to database structure whatsoever, and when I created the descripions, I checked them manually, every item, they were in place last week. And everything I uploaded since then is OK.

I know I have to rebuild again the whole subcategory, but I wish to know: what deed can result such a bad data loss? I very much wish that this can never occur again.. we are talking about a database of 1350 products, all descriptions edited manually... 

So please, any thoughts? Any advices, ideeas? has anyone run into this before? all thoughts are wellcome to prevent this from happening in the future.

Thank you.

PS. I`m placing this under TRANSLATIOn PACKS because somehow I feel there must be some conection with the translations/languages I`m using. It happened before that all my romanian descriptions went under afrikaans description, although I never used afrikkans language (why would I in eastern europe?). Maybe it has something to do with module updates? As far as I know, module updates do not touh the database itself...

my webshop adress is: www.salus-tehnomed.ro/ro

the subcategory in question is: http://www.salus-tehnomed.ro/ro/1005-termm

Edited by Salus (see edit history)

One more little detail: on my backpanel, half of my inscriptions, commands, buttons are in english, half are in romanian,Once I had to disable default eng language, but then I enabled it back. since then, my backpanel shows in mixed language, i dunno if this has anything to do with above data loss...

• 9 months later...