Need a custom addition to request quotes

zAy

Hello Developers, 

I need to allow guests to request a quote for articles that are set as "Not available for order".

I am not aiming for any sophisticated Quoting module, my request is as simple as sending myself an email about a quote request for a specific article with the chosen attributes, i'll then manage the rest manually.

So i started by adding an "if statement" in the product.tpl that changes the [add to cart] button into a [Request a quote] one if the product is Not available for order.

{elseif !$product->available_for_order}

<a class="thickbox" href="the form to submit?content_only=1"><input type="button" name="SubmitQuote" class='exclusive' value="{l s='Request a quote'}"/></a>

Quote%20button.JPG

Your job will be to put an action on that button, that opens a form in a thickbox, containing the Product Name, reference, and quantity chosen, then the selected attributes.

The guest should also input his name* , email*  and comments. 

Then a [submit request] button would send all that info to my "static" email address, and a confirmation also is sent to the guest's email address (after validation of the email field).

A successfully submitted message will appear under the button or on a new page within the thickbox.

Thickbox.JPG

Notes:

I have PS version 1.5.4.1 and using Attribute Wizard Pro module from Presto-Changeo.com for my attributes. My theme is not the default theme.

If you are interested, please PM me your quote and your IP to add to the BO maintenance.

Best regards,