Getting PayPal to work when Prestashop is loaded in an iframe

CrossY

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to make PayPal work whilst Prestashop is loaded in an iFrame. PayPal itself prohibits it.

Id like the following from anyone who's interested:

Before the job

- To know how you plan to solve the problem (popup? new window? force iframe to dissapear and load in main window?)

- Total costs

After the job

- Exactly which edits and adjustments you've made (I probably want to copy the solution to more shops in a future)

- A way to set RETURNURL and CANCELURL while still properly validating the order in Prestashop (when payment is finished), even if the RETURNURL is somewhere outside the Prestashop environment. I can edit the files manually, so I just need to know where and which file to change.

Best,

Dave

I don't see how i'm doing anything illegal?

The most popular method in the Netherlands is iDeal. (It works through logging in with your personal account to your online bank-environment, and 'accepting' the payment in a few clicks and a security phone code). 

My bank/iDeal doesn't work in iframes either, but it simply knocks you out of the iframe when you are making your payment. After you're done (or cancel half-way through), it returns you to your website. This could easily work for PayPal as well. However, I figured I could do it for them when people click the PayPal link, with something like 

<base target=”_top” />

Just figuring out how to implement it into PayPal module, since i'm not very experienced with javascript/php :)