Attributes

Sorry if this was dealth with before, but how can I create an attribute field in the back-end, say ISBN number text field , to be filled in every time a new book is added and then make it appear in frontend?
Do I have to create a special module for that or is there another easier way to accomplish that?

Thanks for that.
I've just downloaded the SVN version of the project. I think the Features tab in the Catalog/Product entry is what I'm looking for. Thank you guys for that. The only thing I've noticed is that the search doesn't take into account the features entry. I know this is stuff in progress but would any member of the theme like to comment whether this is still to come. Otherwise I will need to dig into the search module to see what can be done.
Thank you guys for your fantastic efforst.

Thanks, but it from what I can see, the search procedure does not search Featred entires at all. Increasing the importance of those entires does not change that fact.
IT's quite possible that this is broken in the SVN and will be fixed soon. Will need to check the code to be sure whether I'm right or wrong.