Category problem

Upgraded from 1.5.6.1 to 1.6.0.5... solved a few bug.. some still present, but the major problem is that I have category creation doesn't properly works.

I can create subcategories in already present categories, but if I create a new category in the Home directory, I can't see it in the tree, so I cannot add a subcategory to it (in BO).

Reading the "pinned" post of Utterback, it looks the only option is to reinstall PS.

Really there is no other way to solve the issue?

Noted one more bug related to this issue: as I said in first post, I can create subcategories; I can also associate products to that subcategories that are correctly shown on FO...but... in the BO category page, I can't expand the tree to show those subcategories (so I can't assign one more subcategory).

Just to be more clear:

I have : Home

Category 1 <- Created before upgrade, works correctly

Category 2 <- Created before upgrade, works correctly

Subcategory 1 <- Added after upgrade, works but I can't expand Category 2 to show it in BO category page

Subcategory 2 <- Added after upgrade, works but I can't expand Category 2 to show it in BO category page

Category 3 <- Created after upgrade; it doen't work, I can't see it in the BO category page so I can't add subcategories

Hope someone can help because, this way, PS is useless. I'm seriously considering to switch to a different software.