Any Way to Preserve Customizations?

I have installed Prestashop 1.5.6.1

I have no problem installing updated modules as they are available.

However I have customized the look of the website and do not wish to lose the appearance if I update to 1.6 or a future update.

Here are the following questions:

1.  Do I need to update beyond 1.5.6.1 if I like the way it looks?  Any Security Concerns if I do not? This is taking into consideration that I will update modules as they indicate updates are available.

2.  Is there any way to update, or any AddOns that can preserve the look of my website, without having to waste time redoing the changes every few weeks or whenever an update of Prestashop is available?

Good morning

To be honest, unless you are desperate to use ps 1.6.0.5 then I would stick with what you have

As far as I can see and know their are too many bugs that need to be sorted out.

If you still want to upgrade then download to a local version and play with it.

I am sure others will disagree but!!!

Paul

Hello,

You don't need to update immediately every time a new version is released. There are still websites running on Prestashop 1.2. 

There are cons and pros to upgrade. Most upgrades fix existing issues and keep you updated with the latest davelopments and improvements, however they also might come together with some other issues and those are generally "not yet solved" ones, especially when you upgrade to the latest version.

Another important point: upgrade would likely require manual corrections over the theme and other possible customizations.

In your case special, I would suggest to have a local 1.6 installation to get familiar with it and make experiments and if you want to upgrade, upgrade to 1.5.6.2, the most mature and last 1.5 version.