[SOLVED] Hiding the add to cart button

two questions firstly my shop sells nuts and bolts etc and all the items have attributes for the different lengths

what i want to do is hide the add to cart button so that they have to click view to go into the product to find the drop down list of lengths.

so if you go here ( shift click this to open in new window) http://www.sts-fixings.co.uk/10-Stainless-Steel-Hex-Head-Bolts
you will see that if you click add to cart it will fail becuase it doesnt know what to add. If you click view you then get to the drop down list of size which is where i want to force them.

the next one is you can see that all the prices are £0.00 i would like this to show a from price and display the lowest attribute price do i just simply add this in as a whole sale price or is there a tick box some where

To remove the add to cart button
public_html/themes/yourtheme/product-list.tpl

find and remove: (round about line 20)

{if ($product.allow_oosp OR $product.quantity > 0) && $product.customizable != 2}
{l s='Add to cart'}
               {else}
{l s='Add to cart'}
               {/if}

that will remove the 'add to cart' from the product list.

Can't help you with the price

:)

Think I have it:
..../themes/yourtheme/product-list.tpl

Look for (around line 20)::

{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{/if}

Add your text "Price From" (or whatever)::

{if !$priceDisplay || $priceDisplay == 2}Price From{convertPrice price=$product.price}{/if}

:)

• 8 months later...