Is the new prestashop 1.6.x.x capable of having non destructive templates?

ALMAJ

Is the new prestashop 1.6.x.x  capable of having non destructive templates?

- no core changes?

- no default template changes?

- no default config files changes?

- no default modules changes?

- no database changes?

what I want is a template that don't destroy or change my other templates or the default template, I want to be able to just change anytime to my other themes without any changes to them. is that possible?

I know that in the prestashop 1.5.x.x any change made to the columns and to the modules hock positions are saved in the database and that changes will reflected to all other templates including the default template.

is this still the same with prestashop 1.6? or the devs where more smart than that and actually made prestashop 1.6 more modular?

Regards

Edited by ALMAJ (see edit history)

As for your question ALMAJ, switching theme is actually better in 1.6. When you choose to switch, we register the theme configuration so that we install/enable/disable modules following that configuration file. If you're an advanced user, you can decide in that step which modules should be active or not.

As for all your others questions, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean we should stop any development?

Anyway, do you want bug fixed? If so, we had to and will make some modifications.

Edited by El Patron
removed medvisek unhelpful remark (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank you, I'm sure ALMAJ got everything he wanted from such reply.

As for your question ALMAJ, switching theme is actually better in 1.6. When you choose to switch, we register the theme configuration so that we install/enable/disable modules following that configuration file. If you're an advanced user, you can decide in that step which modules should be active or not.

As for all your others questions, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean we should stop any development?

Anyway, do you want bug fixed? If so, we had to and will make some modifications.

Thanks for your constructive answer.

It's good to know that presta team are design prestashop to be more modular and non destructive

the only reason that I've never buy themes it's because heavily customized themes will mess with the columns, modules hook positions, database etc and when we want to go back to the default theme, we will lost all default configurations, it will be a mess :(

I think I've not explain my self very well

what I meant with this:

- no core changes?

- no default template changes?
- no default config files changes?
- no default modules changes?
- no database changes?

was to know if it is possible to have a custom template without having any changes to the prestashop core files, default theme, default config files, default modules and database.

thanks again ;)

Regards

Edited by ALMAJ (see edit history)

Of course it's possible. It will be light commercial but for example my ControlTheme does not have any changes to the engine, no override, when you change back to the default template everything back to normal.

ControlTheme? is that a module? can you give me a link?

Thanks

Of course it's possible. It will be light commercial but for example my ControlTheme does not have any changes to the engine, no override, when you change back to the default template everything back to normal.

ControlTheme? is that a module? can you give me a link?

Thanks

Ok I get it, It's a theme, :P  I'm looking right now into it...

Thanks