You Do Not Have Access To This Product

Hello,

While I was configuring my PrestaShop, I was making changes to the client groups and must have deleted a group for guests. If I create a new group, anyone who registers for my shop can view products. But, guests who are not registered cannot view the products and just receive an error. How do I configure PrestaShop again to allow guests to view products?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Dustin Harrison

Sorry, decided to do a clean install of PrestaShop again, and not mess with the client groups this time. But, I'm sure there will be others with this problem, so maybe if a feature was added in future releases to not be able to delete the default client group, that would help out a lot.

Thanks!

Dustin Harrison

• 1 month later...
Hello,

While I was configuring my PrestaShop, I was making changes to the client groups and must have deleted a group for guests. If I create a new group, anyone who registers for my shop can view products. But, guests who are not registered cannot view the products and just receive an error. How do I configure PrestaShop again to allow guests to view products?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Dustin Harrison

I have the exact same question. How do I re-establish guests to have access to the site?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hi kasper, this is gona be annoying but i actually figured this out but ive forgotten how i did it! if i remember ill let u know.

Hi chineseboy!

Guess what, I found a solution yesterday. Albeit it's not a pretty one, but it works!

The way I messed my shop up was that I deleted all the default groups. Even though I created a new group nothing happened front office wise, all I got was the "no access" to both products and categories.

So what I did was: Open PHPMYADMIN, went to the ps_groups, and change the ID of the group I'd created to 1 instead of 3 (the number '3' can vary, depending on how many groups you've created). Then I went into the ps_group_lang and found the row that said 'group_id' = '3' and changed it to '1'. Again, this can vary.

And voilá! It worked :-)

I hope others can use this, or maybe tell me if there's an easier way. :-)

• 4 years later...

Hello! Sorry for my english.

I have same error when try to transport shop catalog from joomla (virtue-mart) to prestashop. I fixed it when I added records to table "ps_category_group". For all categories I added 3 records

['id_category' => <category_id>, 'id_group' => 1]
['id_category' => <category_id>, 'id_group' => 2]
['id_category' => <category_id>, 'id_group' => 3]

• 7 years later...

This is a pretty old thread but i think still an issue for some in Prestashop 1.7

Presta does not have any group permissions that you can set by default for the the products, you can only set group permissions in categories

The solution to the problem when you encouter 'You do not have access to this product.' is to go to the category of that product and make sure all relevant groups have access.

This should solve the issue, really the error should be phrased better, i.e. 'You do not have access to the category that this product is in, and therefore cannot see this product.'

group-issue.jpg

• Like 1