Module Updates not working

There are a few threads about this weekends module updates not working in Prestashop 1.5

But, I think there is also a problem in 1.6

I can't update the modules. I get the orange "update" button, clicking it says the module has been updated, but the button stays orange, and the version number has not changed. This means that modules that need "updating" cannot be configured

I was really happy with 1.6, everything was going so smoothly, now though......

This has only happened this weekend and that is the strange thing I did update modules last week without problems

Any one else cnano upgrade /configure modules?

Edit:

may or may not be related, but one module I tried to uninstall then re-install and it gave a jquery error

post-246958-0-87702100-1395605807_thumb.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

This is sort of solved I think

The orange Upgrade" button lights up when an upgrade is available - even if you are not entitled to that upgrader

So if you have bought a licence for a module, and they release an upgrade that you are not entitled to, you will get the upgrade button lit - BUT you can't install. Worse is that you can then no longer configure the existing module

This sounds very dodgy to me - almost forcing you to either stop using the module you have paid for, or upgrade and spend more money :(